PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SoCal...

Shoot-N-Scoot
08-19-2016, 02:19 AM
I've been shooting n scooting for years.

New to the forums wanted to say hello!

Shoot-N-Scoot
08-19-2016, 02:54 AM
I'm jealous of all you guys who get to openly excercise your PYRO RIGHTS!

Here in California we are limited to some pretty lame stuff on the mainstream.

My family owns some serious acres out in the desert so we go out there to shoot and blow shi? Up! What I do on my own land is up to me *evil laugh

I grew up in Michigan so I learned the tricks of the trade from the older kids on the block. I actually grew up near an awesome place called Wonder Well. They closed it down and demolished it but that was where I popped my cherry on some really good toys..

I've been bitten by the bug again now that I have my own kids......*more evil laughing. I'd like to say my son is the chip off the old block but guess what? My 11 year old daughter is the one who can't get enough. *. See story below

Unfortunately ....if we want the good stuff we have to travel about 600 miles out of state to get it.....one way....

That's the way it is.....if we wanna play we gotta pay!

* So my daughter and I were shooting off some 60 cans.....and out of the corner of my eye I see her eye balling one...twisting it and checking it out....I ask her what she is thinking about. She says...I wonder how they work and what we have to do to combine a couple of them together to make a bigger explosion.

It was at that moment I new my daughter had the right stuff.....I was so proud..it was a great father daughter moment...

I gave her a big hug and we continued to do our thing....

Well.. Here I am...glad to be here and I've enjoyed reading a lot of your stories.....

Dave aka Shoot-N-Scoot

chriskrc
08-19-2016, 06:48 AM
Welcome to the forum.

displayfireworks1
08-19-2016, 06:59 AM
If you have property in California , don't rule out getting a small magazine and obtaining an ATF license. Although there may be restriction shipping 1.4 fireworks to California obtaining an ATF license may change that for you. Another option is to ship 1.4 product to a truck depot just across the border and pick them up there. Check with some of the people that advertise with me how that works. It may be easier than driving 600 miles to a retail outlet.

Shoot-N-Scoot
08-19-2016, 06:11 PM
I've never thought about getting my license. I guess the knowledge wouldn't hurt me.

Thanks...

I appreciate it.....I will slowly look into it.

I will also look into having things shipped via truck depot...

Thanks again!

SNS

displayfireworks1
08-19-2016, 07:36 PM
People that ship fireworks usually stay away from California, but they may ship close to California The advantage of picking up fireworks at a truck depot is, no matter what state they are in, if they are at the depot they are generically in commerce and really not in the state so to speak. Thus, you are picking them up while they are still in commerce.

vegassalute
08-19-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm jealous of all you guys who get to openly excercise your PYRO RIGHTS!

Here in California we are limited to some pretty lame stuff on the mainstream.

My family owns some serious acres out in the desert so we go out there to shoot and blow shi? Up! What I do on my own land is up to me *evil laugh

I grew up in Michigan so I learned the tricks of the trade from the older kids on the block. I actually grew up near an awesome place called Wonder Well. They closed it down and demolished it but that was where I popped my cherry on some really good toys..

I've been bitten by the bug again now that I have my own kids......*more evil laughing. I'd like to say my son is the chip off the old block but guess what? My 11 year old daughter is the one who can't get enough. *. See story below

Unfortunately ....if we want the good stuff we have to travel about 600 miles out of state to get it.....one way....

That's the way it is.....if we wanna play we gotta pay!

* So my daughter and I were shooting off some 60 cans.....and out of the corner of my eye I see her eye balling one...twisting it and checking it out....I ask her what she is thinking about. She says...I wonder how they work and what we have to do to combine a couple of them together to make a bigger explosion.

It was at that moment I new my daughter had the right stuff.....I was so proud..it was a great father daughter moment...

I gave her a big hug and we continued to do our thing....

Well.. Here I am...glad to be here and I've enjoyed reading a lot of your stories.....

Dave aka Shoot-N-Scoot

I feel for you! A had oversight of a few OPCOs from my last company in California. Thats about as pyro-unfriendly as it gets.

215less
08-19-2016, 10:29 PM
well hello and welcome. PA has its legal issues as well. The MRS and i may move to northern California someday soon, but until then. Finish up with obtaining my type 54 and shoot. I know its going to drastically change if we move.

vegassalute
08-19-2016, 10:41 PM
If you have property in California , don't rule out getting a small magazine and obtaining an ATF license. Although there may be restriction shipping 1.4 fireworks to California obtaining an ATF license may change that for you. Another option is to ship 1.4 product to a truck depot just across the border and pick them up there. Check with some of the people that advertise with me how that works. It may be easier than driving 600 miles to a retail outlet.

Any amount of property in CA = lots of zeros in that price tag!! Good luck out there though! I must say I had lots of fun shooting in the deserts of Nevada!

Shoot-N-Scoot
08-21-2016, 02:41 AM
People that ship fireworks usually stay away from California, but they may ship close to California The advantage of picking up fireworks at a truck depot is, no matter what state they are in, if they are at the depot they are generically in commerce and really not in the state so to speak. Thus, you are picking them up while they are still in commerce.

I was reading that. It's interesting.

I'm still researching this. It looks like shipping may be a killer for me unless I go ape shi! And spend some serious dough... To make it worth it that is...

I like this idea though...it could save me some drive time......that could be the trade off..

I need to find me a good company to work with.

Thanks for the help and advice.

I'll continue to dig and read various things already posted here in the forums...

Shoot-N-Scoot
08-21-2016, 02:45 AM
well hello and welcome. PA has its legal issues as well. The MRS and i may move to northern California someday soon, but until then. Finish up with obtaining my type 54 and shoot. I know its going to drastically change if we move.

Thanks for the welcome.....

Do what you want...my advice is stay away from California.....

It's bad and getting worse.....guns....immigration.....fireworks...etc. ....

If u like freedoms California is not the place to be...

Once my kids are off to college I'm gone...

displayfireworks1
08-21-2016, 08:49 AM
If you have an unoccupied building or shed on that large piece of property these smaller indoor magazines are cheaper options . One of my advertisers sells them or there are members on the forums that have made their own from job boxes. If you search magazine in the search bar you will see some of it and pictures.
http://www.blasterstool.com/dayboxes.aspx

Shoot-N-Scoot
08-22-2016, 12:22 AM
If you have an unoccupied building or shed on that large piece of property these smaller indoor magazines are cheaper options . One of my advertisers sells them or there are members on the forums that have made their own from job boxes. If you search magazine in the search bar you will see some of it and pictures.
http://www.blasterstool.com/dayboxes.aspx

Interesting......

Thanks for the help/advice...

Shoot-N-Scoot
08-22-2016, 12:43 AM
I've been looking for a freight terminal closest to me......in NV.

It would save me about 1.5 hours of driving each way......

I'd still have to pretty much drive to Las Vegas.....

Hmmmm?