PDA

View Full Version : Special thanks to Dave....

Butterman900
08-14-2016, 08:23 PM
Just wanted to take a minute and give credit where due and say thanks to Dave. I had my first show as a shooter on a professional crew last night and thanks to your vids Dave, like you said in o e of them, I was able to walk right in and work the whole show. I squibbed and matched cakes, including matching a few 1.4 items with no port using quick match, scabbed matches, and hooked up the electronic fire ques. When I asked if I could the lead shooter questioned my ability and I said I could. He threatened that if he didn't like what he saw my very last task ever on the crew would be undoing everything I did and then joining the spectators. Needless to say after every que passing continuity the first time and proper knots on my matches, etc he was impressed and I secured at least one other show. After every cake went with no probs I secured a permanent position on the crew and he let me have the honor of shooting all the 5" shells ( we e fired all cakes and hand fired all shells) as a thanks for knowing what I was doing. So thanks to you Dave I took a step forward in my pyro career as I would have been lost without the countless hours of free instruction from your vids. Thanks again.

Mike (KY)

displayfireworks1
08-15-2016, 08:20 AM
And my critics said a person could not learn how to shoot fireworks from watching videos. They said I was leading enthusiast into danger. Thank you for that feedback , it pleases me to hear it. You are joining an ever growing number of advanced fireworks enthusiast. Many are ATF licensed , with knowledge of electrical firing , fusing , rack setup , wiring, computer software chorography etc. With one of my recent videos many will get a look at fireworks cleanup. LOL A future video I have planned will encourage people to get a CDL with Hazmat Endorsement using a regular automobile. Keep us posted on your progress

laquil
08-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Keep it up Dave nice works

chriskrc
08-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Great job it's awesome to hear about your advancement. See Dave the videos work, keep up the good work.

vegassalute
08-15-2016, 06:21 PM
Just wanted to take a minute and give credit where due and say thanks to Dave. I had my first show as a shooter on a professional crew last night and thanks to your vids Dave, like you said in o e of them, I was able to walk right in and work the whole show. I squibbed and matched cakes, including matching a few 1.4 items with no port using quick match, scabbed matches, and hooked up the electronic fire ques. When I asked if I could the lead shooter questioned my ability and I said I could. He threatened that if he didn't like what he saw my very last task ever on the crew would be undoing everything I did and then joining the spectators. Needless to say after every que passing continuity the first time and proper knots on my matches, etc he was impressed and I secured at least one other show. After every cake went with no probs I secured a permanent position on the crew and he let me have the honor of shooting all the 5" shells ( we e fired all cakes and hand fired all shells) as a thanks for knowing what I was doing. So thanks to you Dave I took a step forward in my pyro career as I would have been lost without the countless hours of free instruction from your vids. Thanks again.

Mike (KY)

Mike, great job and congratulations. Propers to Dave and his tutelage but you did the heavy lifting by watching, reading and studying and you proved that it can be done. Well done, I hope this story gets around. Have fun and be safe on your next shoot.

I'm in the process of completing my Type 54 docs and simultaneously applying for my ATF retail licensure. Glad to see the class of 2016 is growing! As for the critics, that's what middle fingers are for.

215less
08-15-2016, 11:53 PM
I think we all owe dave a thank you simply for having the camera in hand. I'm a newbie to the site but long time fan of pyrotechnics and i can honestly say that dave and his videos has re lite my passion for good pyro...

To that i also say thank you Dave, you rock