PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Remember.....

vegassalute
08-13-2016, 07:56 AM
Back in the 80s when I was a kid I distinctly remember in the back of the then-popular magazine Boys Life a classified add for a company called the R Watkins Company. They sold mail order consumer fireworks. I lived in Watertown, NY at the time and I convinced my parents to write and mail the check along with my completed form and sure enough they mailed me my order via US mail. Granted it was a different time and things were more lax back then. I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard of this company and what ever happened to them?

Perhaps they were shut down for shipping pyro through the mail. The company was clearly a front to sell pyro to any and all states regardless of law. Anyway I was just going down memory lane and was wondering if anyone had dealt with them. R Watkins Company. Oh the good old days! I can still remember waiting for the mail main each day until my order arrived! And oh the fun my brother and I had that summer and fall! That is my "initial sniff of black powder smoke" story. I was never the same thereafter!