PDA

View Full Version : Hello All from North Florida/Southern GA (I am in Tallahassee, FL)

tallahasseePyro
08-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Hello,

I live in Tallahassee, FL and just joined the Forum A couple of days ago. I am an actively educated Pyro and mostly shoot biannually but would shoot more if I could get around Florida Laws. I moved my last two shoots into southern GA to stay legal and am very interested in Electronic Firing, Pyro Clubs in and around my area, Pyro Musicals and Wholesale fireworks near me.

I appreciate Dave for the forum and Everyone else for your input and wisdom. If there are any Tallahassee, FL, Thomasville, GA, Jacksonville, FL, Emerald Coast FL Pyros, PLEASE let me know! I really wish to join a club to enjoy being around fellow Pyros!

matandch
08-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Welcome aboard from Leesburg in Central Florida.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the Forum!! Glad to have you. I take it from your comments that the authorities are not very pyro friendly up there. Down here it seems like you could blow them off in the fire station or police station parking lots and no one would care. We're lucky in that regard I guess.

chriskrc
08-12-2016, 06:52 AM
Welcome to the forum

infante0216
08-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk great group for people on here. I am down south in Miami FL

Wholesale Fireworks
08-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Welcome to Pyro Talk you have definitely found a home if you LOVE Pyro.

Bazerk
08-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Welcome! I am in South Florida near Ft Lauderdale! We are taking over Dave!

JmFnG
08-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Welcome! Looks like FL pyros are coming out of the woodwork.

infante0216
08-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Welcome! I am in South Florida near Ft Lauderdale! We are taking over Dave!

Slowly but surely

infante0216
08-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Welcome! Looks like FL pyros are coming out of the woodwork.

yes we are, that's so awesome

displayfireworks1
08-12-2016, 10:21 PM
With all you Florida guys joining the forums you are going to need a separate category soon. Glad to have you all.

JmFnG
08-12-2016, 11:16 PM
With all you Florida guys joining the forums you are going to need a separate category soon. Glad to have you all.

And we're glad to be here. If I can speak for all of us, that is. :D

I'm psyched to be heading to my first FPAG meeting this month. Are any of you other FL folks members?

Rick_In_Tampa
08-13-2016, 08:27 PM

I'm psyched to be heading to my first FPAG meeting this month. Are any of you other FL folks members?

You can speak for me!! My wife keeps telling me the 4th is over!! She says I need to find a support group already. I told her I already did! lol...

JmFnG
08-13-2016, 11:35 PM
You can speak for me!! My wife keeps telling me the 4th is over!! She says I need to find a support group already. I told her I already did! lol...

I have a feeling we're gonna hit it off, Rick. Birds of a feather.... :) Looking forward to meeting you next weekend.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-15-2016, 03:55 PM
I have a feeling we're gonna hit it off, Rick. Birds of a feather.... :) Looking forward to meeting you next weekend.

No doubt in my mind we're going to get along great. As for the next meeting on Saturday.... My wife just shamed me into not doing FPAG this weekend. She said if I'm going to drive 2 hours anywhere this Saturday, it had better be down to Ft Myers to take our daughter to dinner for her birthday and NOT to go "play with fireworks" (her words). I tell ya... The woman just doesn't have a sense of humor about some things!

So, discretion being the better part of valor, ... It looks like I'm going to have to skip the meeting this Saturday after all.

JmFnG
08-15-2016, 06:32 PM
No doubt in my mind we're going to get along great. As for the next meeting on Saturday.... My wife just shamed me into not doing FPAG this weekend. She said if I'm going to drive 2 hours anywhere this Saturday, it had better be down to Ft Myers to take our daughter to dinner for her birthday and NOT to go "play with fireworks" (her words). I tell ya... The woman just doesn't have a sense of humor about some things!

So, discretion being the better part of valor, ... It looks like I'm going to have to skip the meeting this Saturday after all.

Next month, then! Gotta keep mama happy. :)

infante0216
08-15-2016, 07:09 PM

I'll be there!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Next month, then! Gotta keep mama happy. :)

If Mama isn't happy then I'm definitely not going to be happy!! Lol. That's a fact.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-15-2016, 07:52 PM
I'll be there!

Excellent!! The two of you should have an interesting time. Everyone is gearing up for 4F coming up next month. So be prepared to show up with ideas for workshops you'd like to attend if you do go. Many of these guys are 10-20 year veterans of designing shells and various other effects. So many of them are looking for workshops on stuff way more advanced than I can even define for you here. My humble input was to have some "101" classes for us FNG's like "shell building 101". How to build your basic 3" shell. How to make a star effect or a go-geter effect. How to design a wireless show. Etc.

If either of you has a degree in chemical engineering or any advanced experience with building shells, then you'll be right at home with this group!! Me... I don't have the first foggiest clue what the hell they're talking about most of the time. They talk about mixing various chemicals like I talk about putting condiments on a hamburger.

Be prepared to build some shells!! Should be a blast!! (No pun intended)

JmFnG
08-16-2016, 01:42 AM
I'll be there!

Cool! Looking forward to it.

deepdixie1979
09-26-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm in Tifton, GA. Many of us in North FL/South GA are members of FPAG.

djsmurf
09-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the forum!