PDA

View Full Version : My first wholesale order

JmFnG
08-11-2016, 12:03 AM
....and I blame all of you! :p

A couple upcoming opportunities to shoot got me thinking about replenishing the stash. We'll also be back in TN for Christmas/NYE so of course I'll *need* to put together a small show for the family/friends/neighbors. Aaannnnd there's always next July to be thinking about....ha, ha.

So, I spent the last month reviewing my prior research and doing more digging. There really are a few great options out there. In addition to value and selection, my choice was particularly driven by current availability of product. This time of year that narrows the field a bit, unfortunately.

In the end, I went with SO76 and ordered 19 cases. A variety of Brothers, Firehawk, Winda, '76 Pro Line, & Cannon...plus a few extras like a case of adult snappers. (everyone in the family enjoys those year-round. )

Eagerly anticipating a trip to the FedEx terminal next week!

masterblaster
08-11-2016, 12:37 AM
what products did you order????

chriskrc
08-11-2016, 06:54 AM
You are welcome for the push to purchase wholesale. It's so much better for the amount you get.

JmFnG
08-11-2016, 11:17 AM
Just added a single case to my order for a total of 20 cases......I grabbed:

Artillery
(1) Quest
(1) American Chief
(1) Supernova
(1) Kit-n-Kaboodle
(1 )Brothers #500 asst

200g
(2) The Deadly Dozen asst
(1) Cannon Cake asst

350g
(1) War Box asst.

500g
(2) Best of Brothers asst
(2) Da Big Bomb Box asst
(1) Hijacked asst
(1) Ridiculously Spicy asst
(1) SO76 Bushy Red Comets
(1) SO76 Gold Wave Comets
(1) SO76 180s Z Brocade Comets w/RWB tips
(1) SO76 27s Fan RWB Peony

Misc
(1) Mandarin Adult Snappers

It'll be a few days before the #500 tubes are in stock, so I'm looking at a ship date sometime next week. Oh, what fun!

masterblaster
08-11-2016, 11:36 AM
ooooooooooooooooooooo :o

JmFnG
08-11-2016, 01:01 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooo :o

Yeah, I am pretty psyched!

masterblaster
08-11-2016, 01:08 PM
i just picked up my leftovers from the 4th from a friend a few hours away and im so happy haha. i can only imagine your level of anticipation right now.

chriskrc
08-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Just added a single case to my order for a total of 20 cases......I grabbed:

Artillery
(1) Quest
(1) American Chief
(1) Supernova
(1) Kit-n-Kaboodle
(1 )Brothers #500 asst

200g
(2) The Deadly Dozen asst
(1) Cannon Cake asst

350g
(1) War Box asst.

500g
(2) Best of Brothers asst
(2) Da Big Bomb Box asst
(1) Hijacked asst
(1) Ridiculously Spicy asst
(1) SO76 Bushy Red Comets
(1) SO76 Gold Wave Comets
(1) SO76 180s Z Brocade Comets w/RWB tips
(1) SO76 27s Fan RWB Peony

Misc
(1) Mandarin Adult Snappers

It'll be a few days before the #500 tubes are in stock, so I'm looking at a ship date sometime next week. Oh, what fun!

You have some good stuff have a blast and if you video the show please upload the it.

masterblaster
08-11-2016, 01:36 PM
You have some good stuff have a blast and if you video the show please upload the it.

and the setup!!

JmFnG
08-11-2016, 03:39 PM
You got it. It didn't make sense to pay a big shipping bill for just a few cases so I stocked up for next year already. Most of this won't go up until next July, but some of the artillery and a few cakes are intended for Christmas/NYE and whatever pops up between now and then.

The great stash rebuild actually began a few weeks ago when the purple guy was doing BOG2. My son and I grabbed 30 cakes from our list of nostalgic favorites. I kinda doubt they'll see much (if any) business from us in future years.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Just added a single case to my order for a total of 20 cases.....

It's definitely off season, so I'm guessing there were no big discounts in play here. So what did all that run you if you don't mind my asking? I'd be curious to see if it's worth starting the stash now vs. waiting for the 40% discounts to kick in next spring.

JmFnG
08-11-2016, 05:14 PM
It's definitely off season, so I'm guessing there were no big discounts in play here. So what did all that run you if you don't mind my asking? I'd be curious to see if it's worth starting the stash now vs. waiting for the 40% discounts to kick in next spring.

Roughly $1800 and $250 shipping (Gold pricing at SO76). Just a few bucks over budget. You could certainly get more product for that budget if you wait for the early bird specials. (Though, I'm of a mind that less product used tastefully/creatively is a better approach than just setting tons of cash on fire.)

If I wasn't in a hurry to get product for the next few months, I would've waited for the WFBoom special in Feb/Mar. As it is, I almost went with them but they are out of stock on many items I was interested in. I will likely try them next time I order just to be thorough in my investigation. :)

Butterman900
08-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Just wanted to share my recent experience since it applies here. 7 days ago I picked up my first wholesale order ever. I was so disgusted after the 4th this year for paying the markup on retail so I researched wholesalers for a month strait and was all set and registered to order from 76. As a last minute comparison I looked at Davies sponsors on here and found nite lites (aka little China). Now I was motivated by the fact that Eddie at nite lites is only about 15 miles from me but after looking into and getting a price list nite lites was actually cheaper than 76 and in my opinion has a better selection simply due to the fact he carries whatever brands he likes which is pretty much of all of them but he hand picks each brands best items. Also his knowledge of pyro is second to none and his and his wife's service can't be topped. He was out of a few of the items I had picked but was able to offer substitutions which and I haven't been disappointed in any of his picks and liked them better than my picks. There were a few items he had but he was kind enough to say, I have it but it's not as good as this one that is cheaper ..... And he was right. There were a few items that I said I wish you had .... And Eddie wrote them down and asked me to send any more wanted items to him and he would stock them by the spring sales. He carries 1.4 and 1.4pro. And since our orders sound similar I will share this with you... I also picked up 19 cases (4 of 200g, 14 500g and 1 artillery ) and my grand total was $1300 even. Roughly 100 of that was assorted pyro supplies ( e matches, fuse, etc). Just a thought for you. Don't know where in Tn you are but it might but worth the drive or his shipping rates will prolly be cheaper as well. Would love to get some group buys going around here with and really save while increasing variety.

esgrillo
08-11-2016, 10:37 PM
congrats. 76 has been my supplier for several years. very pleased. You will like their pro line items!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Roughly $1800 and $250 shipping (Gold pricing at SO76). Just a few bucks over budget.

Thanks for sharing that info. I'll have to do some research this weekend to get an apples to apples comparison of them vs. my current supplier.

JmFnG
08-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Just wanted to share my recent experience since it applies here. 7 days ago I picked up my first wholesale order ever. I was so disgusted after the 4th this year for paying the markup on retail so I researched wholesalers for a month strait and was all set and registered to order from 76. As a last minute comparison I looked at Davies sponsors on here and found nite lites (aka little China). Now I was motivated by the fact that Eddie at nite lites is only about 15 miles from me but after looking into and getting a price list nite lites was actually cheaper than 76 and in my opinion has a better selection simply due to the fact he carries whatever brands he likes which is pretty much of all of them but he hand picks each brands best items. Also his knowledge of pyro is second to none and his and his wife's service can't be topped. He was out of a few of the items I had picked but was able to offer substitutions which and I haven't been disappointed in any of his picks and liked them better than my picks. There were a few items he had but he was kind enough to say, I have it but it's not as good as this one that is cheaper ..... And he was right. There were a few items that I said I wish you had .... And Eddie wrote them down and asked me to send any more wanted items to him and he would stock them by the spring sales. He carries 1.4 and 1.4pro. And since our orders sound similar I will share this with you... I also picked up 19 cases (4 of 200g, 14 500g and 1 artillery ) and my grand total was $1300 even. Roughly 100 of that was assorted pyro supplies ( e matches, fuse, etc). Just a thought for you. Don't know where in Tn you are but it might but worth the drive or his shipping rates will prolly be cheaper as well. Would love to get some group buys going around here with and really save while increasing variety.

Thanks. I actually live in FL and just visit TN a couple times a year. I'd love to check them out if I'm ever in that neck of the woods. I seem to recall reading that there isn't much of (if any) online presence for Nite Lites.

JmFnG
08-12-2016, 12:09 AM
Thanks for sharing that info. I'll have to do some research this weekend to get an apples to apples comparison of them vs. my current supplier.

You got it, Rick. It's hard to decide between so many suppliers...but it sure is fun to shop. One thing that I've found challenging is making direct comparisons with such varied inventory from place to place. I am somewhat wary of unfamiliar brands and opted to go with mostly familiar items.

Butterman900
08-12-2016, 02:50 AM
You are right about Nite lites not having an online prescience. In eddy's ( the owner) owns words, we keep go out selves out here and do quite well. That said one call or email and you will receive a catalog is email and a no gimmicks price sheet. He is also partnered with Casabella and you can basically order from both catalogs with one order. If you don't need a lot of shiny advertising and you want over the top service then they are for you. Again I was registered with the 76 gold prices and Nite lites is under that before you even get to a discount level. Plus like I said eddy's knowledge is unmatched and is he happy to actually answer the phone and tell you which cake is better than that one or if you looking for a certain effect of color eddy knows from memory what you need. And like I said as far brands he has everything 76 has ( except the 76 house brand) plus some others that are great and does well the dominator pro line which is the same as the 76 pro IMHO.

PapaBearPyro
08-12-2016, 09:25 AM
X2 for Nite Lites. Great customer service, great price and selection. Eddie knows his stuff, I followed his advice as well and was amazed. PBP

JmFnG
08-12-2016, 11:25 AM
I'll definitely be adding NL to my list of places to consider for next time. Thanks for chiming in y'all.