PDA

View Full Version : 54 progress

ras1986
08-09-2016, 01:30 PM
ATF cashed my check Friday. Only a short time now

aldude345
08-09-2016, 02:10 PM
ATF cashed my check Friday. Only a short time now

Nice man. For me it too about 3 weeks after cashing to complete interview. About 2 to get call and another week to have her come down. I am sure everyone is slightly different

ras1986
08-09-2016, 06:22 PM
This is my second go round for my 54. Lol that timeline is right

aldude345
08-09-2016, 06:55 PM
This is my second go round for my 54. Lol that timeline is right

Ahh I see...never had it renewed?

ras1986
08-09-2016, 07:58 PM
No I never got the first one. I had a green ATF inspector who talked me into withdrawing my application.... after talking with dave and others about what I can change during my next interview I'm ready this time

aldude345
08-09-2016, 08:05 PM
No I never got the first one. I had a green ATF inspector who talked me into withdrawing my application.... after talking with dave and others about what I can change during my next interview I'm ready this time

Was it involving certifications that they wanted u to get first..i think i remember reading your case on the forums before now. I was so worried that that stuff would get in the way but it never did. They just let me know to get certified first before i shoot in my state but she understood the laws and what her job is better then some inspectors i have read on here. The process was smooth and she approved without question.

ras1986
08-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Yea. It was all cert Bullshit. And he tried to say that a school was too close to my magazine...... it's not and it doesn't say ANYWHERE about school and church distances in the orange book

Bigjohnson
08-09-2016, 11:19 PM
How did he talk you into withdrawing it? Just wondering as I sent in my app amd want to be ready for anything. I need to talk to some guys from Illinois to see how their interview went but I don't know of any.

ras1986
08-10-2016, 11:11 PM
How did he talk you into withdrawing it? Just wondering as I sent in my app amd want to be ready for anything. I need to talk to some guys from Illinois to see how their interview went but I don't know of any.

You live in Illinois.... lol you don't need a 54 to buy 1.3g... just look around there is tons of bootleg 1.3 everywhere. Make friends with shady people and you will find it. Kidding, kind of... Illinois has a big probelm with this. I digress...... in so many words he made me feel like I was going to get denied if I didn't just withdraw. I thought at the time denial was worse. Stupid me.... of course I passed all of the background crap but it came down to my magazine and lack of state certifications. My magazine is 100% in the green for compliance. He said it was too close to neighbors..... 500 ft....... it's not... dumb inspector. Then the state certs were the biggest issue. He called the fire Marshall and mr fire Marshall fed him all the regulations about Texas and one million dollars in insurance and a shooters cert. I don't need any of that crap for a 54. Maybe I want a 54 so I can go to the pgi or an open shoot and buy 1.3. DO NOT LET THEM TALK YOU INTO WITHDRAWING...

Bigjohnson
08-11-2016, 08:13 AM
Thanks. I will stand my ground on getting it. And yes I am well aware of the availability of 1.3 stuff for non 54 holders. Some people in the Chicagoland area charge $20 for a 3in shell. The worst part is people actuall pay it!