PDA

View Full Version : Moving advice

Bobby Peru
08-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Pyros....

I find myself in a position where I need to place a lot of my posessions in storage for a while. Including a nice cache of 1.4.

Any advice on how to safely store these and protect them would be appreciated. I was thinking to put them in one of those plastic bins, cover them with foil and seal the lid on it.

Thanks in advance

vegassalute
08-07-2016, 10:24 AM
For 1.4 I've advised friends to request or rent storage trailer/container storage from contractors. Most mid-size and larger contractors have a secure rural facility along with adequate space within storage trailers or brick outbuildings. Very safe and also keep in mind many larger contracting firms have 1.1 experience so they likely already have the appropriate infrastructure. This would clearly be overkill for 1.4 but I always err on the side of extreme caution and safety. I would advise against self-storage, but that's just me. Wish I lived closer, I have lots of acreage where you could store it in a container. Good luck and I hope things come together for you.

PGH_Pyro
08-08-2016, 11:45 AM
you would want to store stuff in wood boxes or wood-lined containers

Bazerk
08-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Definitely cant put it in a regular storage facility. That is for certain.

djsmurf
08-09-2016, 12:30 AM
Have you tried talking to someone local that sells 1.4 or 1.3 product to see if they will store it for you?