View Full Version : New From Kansas

johncharlse1
08-04-2016, 11:55 PM
How is every one doing... i live in a town of about 13,00 people in south central Kansas. i am new to the site but am not new to pyrotechnics. while i have never owned an atf license i have been around to watch them... my dad also makes his own cannons so i have a LOT of practice in the field of shooting them... I plan on being able to shoot class b stuff with in the next couple of years.... one major question i have is since bottle rockets are illegal in the state of Kansas (there not even in the stores for out of state purchase) if i was to get my license could i shoot of 1.3 rockets?

Pyro Paul
08-05-2016, 12:31 AM
Hi John, welcome to the forums. I'm from N.E. Kansas in a small town like you, nice to see someone else from Ks posting in here. No clue on the rockets, I wasn't even aware there were 1.3 rockets other than the ones I've seen on youtube that people build.

johncharlse1
08-05-2016, 12:37 AM
Thanks Paul, I absolutely love Kansas as far as openness. I live in butler county so i have the flint hills just a short drive away... and those are the ones i was talking about... i would love to make my own rockets when i get my license.... do you know if there is any clubs around here?

Pyro Paul
08-05-2016, 01:11 AM
The only club I know about is in KC (kcap). I'm keeping an eye out for something though. I do have a friend from work who does commercial shoots and asks me to help from time to time, if anyone would know he would but he's not available to ask right now. I'll ask him next time I see him. I do know he's affiliated with aerial fx, check out their website sometime, they do shooters classes somewhere around Topeka sometimes. Do you have any importers down there that you can get contingency storage from and have you ordered your dvd package from Dave yet? It's well worth the money if you want to get your atf license. You also have to get the state license which requires working on 3 documented 1.3 shoots in a 4 year span to take the state fire marshals test which you need an 80% to pass. Better start boning up on NFPA 1123 if you plan to do that. I think I have it almost memorized now lol. As far as working 1.3 shoots, if you can't find someone to help you get that done let me know. Get those dvd's and that atf license in the works first though. Need that to buy 1.3 and a state license to shoot them.

johncharlse1
08-05-2016, 01:27 AM
i have some issues with my drivers License right now that i have to get worked out nothing that adds up to a felony or anything like that.... and as far as i know there isnt any one around here with storage... i know there is a couple of guys that do 1.3 at the el dorado lake during the vets reunion but i never make i there to see them and they only do that once a year and its the same guys that do it.... other then that every one is class c unless its brought in illegally...... so storage is something else im trying to get figured out before i get to deep into this.... i just turned 22 this year and have wanted my atf licensee since i was about 13, lol....

chriskrc
08-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

johncharlse1
08-05-2016, 10:31 AM
thank you.. im looking for for learning the knowledge that is avilable here