PDA

View Full Version : Question about 76 Pro Line products

masterblaster
08-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Let's use this product for my question: http://www.76fireworks.com/SE301_7s_FanSlice_Crackling_Comet_w_Crackling_Mine _40mm

Do you really need a professional license since this is 1.4 or is this just really good marketing? When you click on more info about the professional license it basically takes you here: http://www.76fireworks.com/_lib/files/ProUseOnlyAuthorization.pdf

There you only sign something but don't actually offer any sort of documentation.

Just wondering if this is all marketing because if so that's very smart, and I'll also be happy because I can then purchase this :)

Hoping someone has an answer.

PGH_Pyro
08-04-2016, 11:29 AM
youre supposed to show proof of experience like having taken the PGI course and or having worked a few shows .

James76
08-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Having a certificate or shooters license is the easiest way to get approved. If you do not have any of those, your best bet is to call in and talk with us. We need to make sure that a prospective buyer knows how to use a port, understands basic safety, and is not going to resell the product.

masterblaster
08-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Having a certificate or shooters license is the easiest way to get approved. If you do not have any of those, your best bet is to call in and talk with us. We need to make sure that a prospective buyer knows how to use a port, understands basic safety, and is not going to resell the product.

Im guessing you're from 76? Can you PM me your contact info?

primetime347
09-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Does the 76 Pro Line just take E-matches?

trailtreepyro
09-07-2016, 10:51 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I'm trying to think through next year's show and was hoping to use several fan slices, but I've run out of cues on the cobra and was hoping to be able to use fuse and chain a few together

liame
09-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Does the 76 Pro Line just take E-matches?

From what i can tell fireworks initiator and E-match are about the same size

I was wondering the same thing. I'm trying to think through next year's show and was hoping to use several fan slices, but I've run out of cues on the cobra and was hoping to be able to use fuse and chain a few together

im sure someone is going to yell at me for saying this. you can fuse through a port but i would Not do it. I would try and condense a que or 2 on your cobra to free up some for the slices.

Northern Sky
09-08-2016, 09:20 AM
James is the man on this since he is my 76 rep but, yes the fans have e-matche ports.

UniversalPyro
09-08-2016, 03:42 PM
James, can you direct me to which slice cakes are Center out spread, outside to center, left - right spread. Looking for those effects.

gt95stang300
09-09-2016, 12:08 AM
if im not mistaken its all in how you hook up to the ematch ports, from the demo video i seen they have 3 so you can match it for the effect that you want

trailtreepyro
09-09-2016, 12:54 AM
im sure someone is going to yell at me for saying this. you can fuse through a port but i would Not do it. I would try and condense a que or 2 on your cobra to free up some for the slices.

Yell at you? That's exactly what I was thinking/hoping might be possible... What would be the problem with fuse? I don't need perfect timing, as I'm not incorporating music.... yet.

Thanks for the feedback. Trying to learn as much as possible before next year. Still a newbie

liame
09-09-2016, 01:09 AM
its not the proper/safe way of using a port (seasoned shooters correct me if i am wrong), and it can be dangerous. if your going to learn, learn the correct way, unlike i did the first time. fireworks are no joke at any level.

primetime347
09-09-2016, 02:10 AM
James, can you direct me to which slice cakes are Center out spread, outside to center, left - right spread. Looking for those effects.

Universal, if you look at the catalog, page 88 shows you which cakes does the sweep's like you are looking for.

https://issuu.com/fireworksenthusiast/docs/2016-fireworks-catalog

Also, the website's Pro-Line page will tell you in the description which cake will sweep. The cakes are called "Fan Sweep" & "Super Sweep" are the ones you are looking for.

http://www.76fireworks.com/wholesale_fireworks/Professional_Use_Only

primetime347
09-09-2016, 02:12 AM
[QUOTE=liame;39948]From what i can tell fireworks initiator and E-match are about the same size

Thanks Liame. That is what I was figuring, but needed some double checking. ;)

trailtreepyro
09-09-2016, 10:16 PM
its not the proper/safe way of using a port (seasoned shooters correct me if i am wrong), and it can be dangerous. if your going to learn, learn the correct way, unlike i did the first time. fireworks are no joke at any level.

I'm trying to learn why it is not safe. Thanks

UniversalPyro
09-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info!!!

Universal, if you look at the catalog, page 88 shows you which cakes does the sweep's like you are looking for.

https://issuu.com/fireworksenthusiast/docs/2016-fireworks-catalog

Also, the website's Pro-Line page will tell you in the description which cake will sweep. The cakes are called "Fan Sweep" & "Super Sweep" are the ones you are looking for.

http://www.76fireworks.com/wholesale_fireworks/Professional_Use_Only

James76
09-13-2016, 03:15 PM
Hey Everyone,

Sorry I didn't check in at all while I was at the NFA. Missed a lot of good questions. Let me see if I can answer them all.

Ports - Lollipops and FanSlices each have 1 port. These fire simultaneous for the whole device. FanSweeps have 3 ports (one on each side and one in the center). This allows you to go either direction, outside-in, or center-out. SuperSweeps have 2 ports, one in the center and one on the side. This allows you to go either direction (turn the device 180 degrees to get the other side) or center-out.

These devices (Lollipops, FanSlices, FanSweeps, SuperSweeps) are the only devices without a fuse. All others including cakes, shells, flames, mines, comets, etc. come with a fuse, and many come with a hidden port as well.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if I missed anything or if that was as clear as mud.