PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 interview

nypyrochef1.3
08-01-2016, 01:46 PM
So all my paperwork is submitted (thank you Dave) followed ur dvd and now tomorrow is the big interview. Any other tips? I'll be watching daves dvd again tonight just to polish the edges again. Anyone here been interviewed in Ny? And what agent/investergator did you have? Also submitted my NyS shooters app and should be hearing from them on a test date sooner then later but they only administer the test 2 or 3 times a year.

nypyrochef1.3
08-02-2016, 12:04 PM
So just an update. Just finished up my interview and all seemed to go pretty well. I'll keep you posted on a possible added NY type 54 license holder. Another big thanks to Dave for the DVDs. And if anyone has questions about there application feel free to ask as I'm pretty fresh off the process.

aldude345
08-02-2016, 01:01 PM
So just an update. Just finished up my interview and all seemed to go pretty well. I'll keep you posted on a possible added NY type 54 license holder. Another big thanks to Dave for the DVDs. And if anyone has questions about there application feel free to ask as I'm pretty fresh off the process.

Congrats on a smooth interview..did they really hammer into state laws or not. I have a feeling I am gonna run into a fight with my agent if she tries to hover all the state bs over my head

nypyrochef1.3
08-02-2016, 02:09 PM
not at all. everything the discuss is all on the federal level. its was not bad at all. anything on the state level is strictly "on the state level" atf has nothing really to do with it other then them saying that u have to be in compliance

aldude345
08-02-2016, 02:45 PM
not at all. everything the discuss is all on the federal level. its was not bad at all. anything on the state level is strictly "on the state level" atf has nothing really to do with it other then them saying that u have to be in compliance

The only difference from me to u is u have the state certification pending but even then Dave said it shouldnt matter cause what if I wanted to take my 54 to a bordering state that doesn't need state certification..it's a federal license not state like everyone says:)

chriskrc
08-02-2016, 04:03 PM

Good job brother I'm just waiting for my contingency storage letter and then will be finishing the process myself. I may be sending you a pm about it.

nypyrochef1.3
08-02-2016, 04:53 PM
The only difference from me to u is u have the state certification pending but even then Dave said it shouldnt matter cause what if I wanted to take my 54 to a bordering state that doesn't need state certification..it's a federal license not state like everyone says:)

U can purchase with the T54 but in a state like NY wich have to find every way to make things a PITA u can't discharge it without the NYS pyrotechnicians license. But yes if u go to a state that dosnt require it you should be good to go. Just be sure to know the state and local laws so u don't get into a jamb!

nypyrochef1.3
08-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Good job brother I'm just waiting for my contingency storage letter and then will be finishing the process myself. I may be sending you a pm about it.

Thanks buddy shoot me a pM any time. I'll answer what I can and know

djsmurf
08-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Glad the interview went well for you, not as bad as many people think. Good luck on the NY shooters license as well.

displayfireworks1
08-05-2016, 06:57 AM
Glad to hear your interview went well, we call it an interview but it is more of an educational event. You should have the ATF license in the mail soon. Please let us know when you receive it so we can congratulate you.

vegassalute
08-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Good stuff, can't wait to hear when you receive it in the mail!

infante0216
08-05-2016, 08:20 AM
great job Nypyro1.3

nypyrochef1.3
08-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Glad the interview went well for you, not as bad as many people think. Good luck on the NY shooters license as well.

thank you. yes dave is 100% ccorrect its more educational then anything and anything u have questions about this is the time to ask. altho if applying for this license u shouldnt have too many questions at this point.lol