PDA

View Full Version : Do I Need A Permit

DaAntman2002
08-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Hi All,

I am a tech director at my church here in GA, and also a huge pyro fan. I recently ran a small show at a friends house this past July 4th and after was asked by my lead pastor if we could do a show at the church next year. Here's my question, do I need a permit or permission from local officials to run a class c show on church property?

Thanks,

Bazerk
08-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Hi All,

I am a tech director at my church here in GA, and also a huge pyro fan. I recently ran a small show at a friends house this past July 4th and after was asked by my lead pastor if we could do a show at the church next year. Here's my question, do I need a permit or permission from local officials to run a class c show on church property?

Thanks,

Technically yes. If you dont get one and the police do show up because someone complained, they would most likely ask you to stop. However, if you keep the show relatively short (10 mins or less) you should be able to ignite everything before the police show up anyways. Hell, its for a church to boot. That alone will probably grant you some slack.

DaAntman2002
08-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Thanks Bazerk.

Northern Sky
08-01-2016, 03:11 PM
I'd check with your local authorities. Since it "probably" be considered a "public display" you may need insurance and Fire support.

The adage it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission" isn't always the case when fireworks are involved especially if something goes wrong.

ilovecrackle
08-01-2016, 06:03 PM
I'd check with your local authorities. Since it "probably" be considered a "public display" you may need insurance and Fire support.

The adage it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission" isn't always the case when fireworks are involved especially if something goes wrong.

Great response.

djsmurf
08-04-2016, 11:05 PM

Very well put!

Hydrazine
10-13-2016, 05:52 AM
Here are the details: https://www.oci.ga.gov/firemarshal/Forms-Fireworks.aspx