PDA

View Full Version : First Attempt this July 4th - Criticism Welcome

masterblaster
08-01-2016, 07:49 AM
Hey I put these in my intro thread, but I feel it's probably supposed to be in this sub-forum.

I saw some random YT video about a finale board and I thought hey that's super simple and cool. So, I went ahead and loaded up and did my very first little setup with literally no clue what I was doing... But, I did everything correct and it worked out great. I've put a few vids below to show a noob setup. Let me know what you think for a 1st attempt. What should I have done different? I dont have any firing system.

The Setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmqLhejIYaM

The Launch Pad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEAwAnh2HJI

Some of the Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MZtvlheOrI

chriskrc
08-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Nice set up especially with mixing the 200g and 500g cakes together the way you did. Even the addition of some single shot tubes go nice with those boards. Do you have a video of the finale looks like it was nice the way you had it set up.

masterblaster
08-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Nice set up especially with mixing the 200g and 500g cakes together the way you did. Even the addition of some single shot tubes go nice with those boards. Do you have a video of the finale looks like it was nice the way you had it set up.

unfortunately after asking for videos from everyone who was there I didnt come up with a finale vid :-/ I'll plan better next year and setup a good camera and also a time lapse and drone shot.

ilovecrackle
08-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Nice job. Your first board in that first video looked almost identical to my first board back in the day.
You had some nice product in there as well. Your camcorder caught the colors of everything really good too.

masterblaster
08-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Nice job. Your first board in that first video looked almost identical to my first board back in the day.
You had some nice product in there as well. Your camcorder caught the colors of everything really good too.

That was an iPhone 6s lol :) Did a phenomenal job capturing color and motion.

PYRODAN
08-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Masterblaster, that was a pretty nice set up. Buy yourself an electric firing system, you'll never look back. A video of the whole show would have been cool. Good job on your first attempt at a bigger show.

masterblaster
08-02-2016, 01:06 PM
Masterblaster, that was a pretty nice set up. Buy yourself an electric firing system, you'll never look back. A video of the whole show would have been cool. Good job on your first attempt at a bigger show.

yes, the firing system will happen next time :) after reading a lot about it and watching videos, I realize I can get super creative.

thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated.

esgrillo
08-02-2016, 01:11 PM
yes, the firing system will happen next time :) after reading a lot about it and watching videos, I realize I can get super creative.

thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated.

Ditto on Pyrodans comment. I suspect you are the type of guy that would really appreciate what you can do with a firing system. Nice show and filming especially off a phone! I do some interesting effects in my show you can see in the link below. Cobra fired, audio box timed music, and a lot of special effects (some did not fire due to talon issue). Any questions let me know

masterblaster
08-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Ditto on Pyrodans comment. I suspect you are the type of guy that would really appreciate what you can do with a firing system. Nice show and filming especially off a phone! I do some interesting effects in my show you can see in the link below. Cobra fired, audio box timed music, and a lot of special effects (some did not fire due to talon issue). Any questions let me know

What were those mines and comets in the beginning? those from 76?

nypyrochef1.3
08-02-2016, 02:22 PM
looked awseome. i firing system is a must. look into the cobra. i use it on parts of our 1.3 shows and havnt had a hitch yet. enjoy!!

djsmurf
08-04-2016, 10:56 PM
Heck of a job for a first show, figuring out how to capture it all correctly on video is always the fun part. Keep up the great work.