View Full Version : New from South Florida - Hello!

masterblaster
07-31-2016, 10:16 PM
I forgot to introduce myself and say hi!

My very first job was at a fireworks stand in the early 90's when I was 8 years old :) I got paid in free fireworks (which all blew up in the box due to a drunk neighbor shooting roman candles around the yard), and ever since I've loved this stuff. I never really got into it more than just goofing off and having fun on the holidays until this year. I saw some random YT video about a finale board and I thought hey that's super simple and cool. So, I went ahead and loaded up and did my very first little setup with literally no clue what I was doing... But, I did everything correct and it worked out great. I've put a few vids below to show a noob setup.

This forum is great. I'm learning a ton!!

The Setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmqLhejIYaM

The Launch Pad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEAwAnh2HJI

2 of the Boards in Action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MZtvlheOrI

masterblaster
08-01-2016, 01:33 AM
haha and i just ordered the dvd to figure out the 54 :)

Crab107
08-01-2016, 01:46 AM
Cool name bro!! From madmax thunder dome?? Welcome to the forum!!

Bazerk
08-01-2016, 01:59 AM
Yes. Welcome to yet another south Floridian! We are taking over Dave.

JmFnG
08-01-2016, 03:27 AM
Welcome from another SoFla pyro!

masterblaster
08-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Miami Shores here, but I spend a ton of time in PBG/Jupiter

jknepp1954
08-01-2016, 07:34 AM
Welcome masterblaster.
I hope some of you Florida members are member of the Florida Pyro Guild - or whatever they call it.

matandch
08-01-2016, 07:59 AM
And also welcome from central Florida, Leesburg, just north of Orlando.

infante0216
08-01-2016, 08:10 AM
Welcome aboard masterblaster

JmFnG
08-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Welcome masterblaster.
I hope some of you Florida members are member of the Florida Pyro Guild - or whatever they call it.

I know RickInTampa is a member of FPAG, and I plan to attend my first meeting this month. Looking forward to it!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Yes. Welcome to yet another south Floridian! We are taking over Dave.

WAIT!! Not until Dave firms up the 1.3G sponsor from Florida first!! :p

Rick_In_Tampa
08-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Welcome masterblaster.

Or whatever they call it?! Woooooooow. That cut right to the quick! I'm deeply offended. Wait.... I forgot. I'm not easily offended. Whew! :cool:

I believe you mean the Florida Pyrotechnic Arts Guild (FPAG). And yes.... I am a member.

JmFnG
08-01-2016, 10:07 PM
I believe you mean the Florida Pyrotechnic Arts Guild (FPAG). And yes.... I am a member.

Don't be so hard on yourself....oh wait, you were referring to joining the guild. :rolleyes:

Pyro Paul
08-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Arts and crafts guild?

infante0216
08-02-2016, 08:33 AM
WAIT!! Not until Dave firms up the 1.3G sponsor from Florida first!! :p

lol yes, come on Dave

Rick_In_Tampa
08-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Very good job! I was laughing when I saw your setup video because I have the exact same fan out in my garage that I used for the same purpose. Keeping that thing pointed in the right direction while I was fusing my boards seemed to be the hardest part of the setup process!!

Anyway... Enjoyed the vids!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself....oh wait, you were referring to joining the guild. :rolleyes:

Ouch!! Someone had a cup of hateraide with their cornflakes this morning I see! Lol...

Rick_In_Tampa
08-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Arts and crafts guild?

Loaded with explosives, yes. :cool:

masterblaster
08-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Very good job! I was laughing when I saw your setup video because I have the exact same fan out in my garage that I used for the same purpose. Keeping that thing pointed in the right direction while I was fusing my boards seemed to be the hardest part of the setup process!!

Anyway... Enjoyed the vids!

That fan only arrived the 2nd night. this took me 3 nights to do. 1st night was SO HOT i wanted to just say screw it all and not continue lol. The publix near me didnt have dry ice. I was going to make a poor man's AC with that and the fan :-/ Glad you enjoyed the vids. As you can see the 1st board was my learning then i got a little better at it as I went. Can't wait to do this some more.