PDA

View Full Version : Canister shells

ChrisTurner
07-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Does any manufacturer sell canister shells per box that are all the same effect? That would help me plan my show for next year.

displayfireworks1
07-30-2016, 11:09 AM
Not sure if you saw my Skype video from Red Apple Fireworks Nevada. He is selling his brand of shells that are all one color in a box. My guess is as more and more fireworks enthusiast advance into wireless fireworks firing systems, the industry will develop more and more products. I can guarantee if you are thinking about looking for this, so are many other enthuist. Some of these distributors just keep selling the same old stuff and never get brave an innovate, other distributors try to stay ahead of the curve.

Westpapyro
07-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Spirit of 76 sells them also. They are a sponsor of this site.

displayfireworks1
07-30-2016, 12:58 PM
Wow I did not know that , maybe I can get some video of them at the convention.

ChrisTurner
07-30-2016, 02:02 PM
Are the ones from spirit 76 single shot or they the kind you can use with a mortar rack?

Westpapyro
07-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Rack.
The video does not do these justice.
http://www.76fireworks.com/RL231_Supernova_Cans__Gold_Willows

PGH_Pyro
08-01-2016, 01:37 PM
the dominator pro 1.4S single shot shells come to mind. yeah, a bit more expensive but they do look nice . uniform breaks and all.
there are 4? varieties as of right now, I think .

esgrillo
08-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Ditto on 76. I shot off 100 RL229 Supernova Cans White Glitter all the same effect as part of my finale. They have single effect cases to choose from. It looked pretty damn good. They are going off at 25:45 in this video https://youtu.be/ULOS-ZfDCN4?t=1546

MontanaMike
08-02-2016, 01:12 PM
My guess is as more and more fireworks enthusiast advance into wireless fireworks firing systems, the industry will develop more and more products.
This is a great thought, and I think Dave is right on with this. "Larger" backyard displays will be more of the norm as more people pick up on the fun of electronic firing....it's a good time to be a pyro!

chriskrc
08-02-2016, 04:06 PM
It makes you wonder if other manufacturers will do a shell package like these. It would be great to pick them up and put them in a show from any distributor.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-02-2016, 04:12 PM
This is a great thought, and I think Dave is right on with this. "Larger" backyard displays will be more of the norm as more people pick up on the fun of electronic firing....it's a good time to be a pyro!

It would be nice if the Chinese came up with a way to pre-configure cakes for ematch so you didn't have to poke holes in them with an awl. That would be an advancement I'm sure most pyros would appreciate. It's the little things that make a difference sometimes.

masterblaster
08-02-2016, 05:08 PM
It would be nice if the Chinese came up with a way to pre-configure cakes for ematch so you didn't have to poke holes in them with an awl. That would be an advancement I'm sure most pyros would appreciate. It's the little things that make a difference sometimes.

honestly rick, after researching the actual import prices per piece on these things and seeing the ridiculous profit margins with a complete lack of solid marketing and ancillary revenue derived from things like what you just said and more... i've really thought about just being a one stop shop from import to retail ++. There are some serious gaps that could be easily filled which in turn would help drive more sales (and fun) in the consumer and amateur enthusiast markets.

chriskrc
08-02-2016, 05:10 PM

The only issue I see with that is the cakes would probably not be classified as 1.4 consumer. It's an awesome idea and I can see the positives in doing that as we all do and maybe it can/will happen someday.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-02-2016, 06:37 PM
honestly rick, after researching the actual import prices per piece on these things and seeing the ridiculous profit margins with a complete lack of solid marketing and ancillary revenue derived from things like what you just said and more... i've really thought about just being a one stop shop from import to retail ++. There are some serious gaps that could be easily filled which in turn would help drive more sales (and fun) in the consumer and amateur enthusiast markets.

You're dead on about the profit margins. One guy in our pyro club runs a fireworks business out of a single tent. He buys his fireworks from another guy in our pyro club who owns a brick and mortar fireworks business. The guy told me the entry price on something like that is around $3500 plus approx. $10K of fireworks to fill the tent. He made 7 times that just on 4th of July sales. With one tent! He said he only works 6 months out of the year and he's debt free. Not bad if you can stand to work out of a tent in Florida for 6 months out of the year.

Anyway... The gaps you mention won't be filled unless/until the consumer pyro's (like us!) raise the issues with our fireworks POC's and they take the concerns back to their suppliers in China. It's a slow process at best, but it can happen. Look at the trend with electronic firing systems! I've almost convinced myself that I need a $1700 Cobra system to shoot my backyard show next year. Three years ago my entire show cost $250. This year you'd have to add a zero to that, and it will be 50% more next year. So, a Cobra isn't necessarily an "irresponsible" decision at this point. (At least that's what I'm telling myself!) :rolleyes:

Rick_In_Tampa
08-02-2016, 06:41 PM
The only issue I see with that is the cakes would probably not be classified as 1.4 consumer. It's an awesome idea and I can see the positives in doing that as we all do and maybe it can/will happen someday.

Well, if there's a way for the Consumer Product Safety Commission find a reason to reclassify 1.4G fireworks to 1.3G simply by adding a hole/port for ematch, then yes. I can see how that might happen. However, IMHO that would be absurd reasoning since NOTHING about the explosive content of the cake changes by adding a hole in the cardboard tube.

chriskrc
08-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Well, if there's a way for the Consumer Product Safety Commission find a reason to reclassify 1.4G fireworks to 1.3G simply by adding a hole/port for ematch, then yes. I can see how that might happen. However, IMHO that would be absurd reasoning since NOTHING about the explosive content of the cake changes by adding a hole in the cardboard tube.

That's absolutely true but our government doesn't use common sense reasoning lately. Hey I'm with you on the whole idea with adding the port but that's another thread we can chat on.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Hey I'm with you on the whole idea with adding the port but that's another thread we can chat on.

Yeah, good point. I didn't mean to hijack the thread. :rolleyes:

masterblaster
08-02-2016, 07:39 PM
You're dead on about the profit margins. One guy in our pyro club runs a fireworks business out of a single tent. He buys his fireworks from another guy in our pyro club who owns a brick and mortar fireworks business. The guy told me the entry price on something like that is around $3500 plus approx. $10K of fireworks to fill the tent. He made 7 times that just on 4th of July sales. With one tent! He said he only works 6 months out of the year and he's debt free. Not bad if you can stand to work out of a tent in Florida for 6 months out of the year.

Anyway... The gaps you mention won't be filled unless/until the consumer pyro's (like us!) raise the issues with our fireworks POC's and they take the concerns back to their suppliers in China. It's a slow process at best, but it can happen. Look at the trend with electronic firing systems! I've almost convinced myself that I need a $1700 Cobra system to shoot my backyard show next year. Three years ago my entire show cost $250. This year you'd have to add a zero to that, and it will be 50% more next year. So, a Cobra isn't necessarily an "irresponsible" decision at this point. (At least that's what I'm telling myself!) :rolleyes:

You dont necessarily need China to do anything when discussing the regular retail customer. it's all there already, just takes some creative businessmen to push things forward there... for the pyros yes, that's a different story.

Westpapyro
08-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Rick we have 1.4 pro, most have ports pre installed or with ematch already? Mostly all of 76's pro cakes have a hidden port! Again mostly all the Dominator Pro stuff has ports also.

Westpapyro
08-02-2016, 10:53 PM
You dont necessarily need China to do anything when discussing the regular retail customer. it's all there already, just takes some creative businessmen to push things forward there... for the pyros yes, that's a different story.

Would like to hear your creative ideas for a retail fireworks store. Pm me your thoughts please!

Wholesale Fireworks
08-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Its something to consider but we already have single shot tubes 12 different effects. You can purchase an entire case of any effect.( 12 tubes) They can be fused just like any re loadable or set to fire electronically one shot at a time. I am sure there are many other companies who have the same We have several customers who use these to make a section of their show a certain color or effect
check out our single shot tube selection next time you want to use all the same color.