PDA

View Full Version : 1.3g firework permit help

Napalm
07-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I just got my type 54 license and there is a few questions I have been thinking about and not sure what the answer would be. I live in Missouri and I wanted to shoot 1.3g fireworks off, but I live out in the middle of no where outside city limits in the country all you see is sheriff and that's on rare occasions. i have also shot of 1.4g fireworks all the time with no one showing up or anything actually people around my area will come out and watch if they hear it. I have a lot of land. The first question is do I need a permit then? And the second question is when the ATF comes out three years from now to look over my permit and my magazine will they want to look at permits saying I'm aloud to shoot them? I talked to them on the phone the other day about that and they said they probably wouldn't worry about them, but it was a definite answer. Can you please help me with this. Thank you for reading this and responding.

djsmurf
07-27-2016, 11:40 PM
I would start here:

http://dfs.dps.mo.gov/documents/forms/MO_815-F0028.pdf

jknepp1954
07-27-2016, 11:40 PM
Even though i am not from Missouri - I am inclined to say "YES YOU NEED some type of permit" to shoot 1.3 -
Missouri has hosted 3 different National Fireworks Conventions - Springfield, Joplin, Branson. Each Time had to pull permits for each night of the convention as they do demos each of the nights.
I am hoping someone from Missouri can chime in as to what the permit process is.

hahahaha! I see smurf beat me to it! there - that answers it!

displayfireworks1
07-28-2016, 12:08 AM
I may be the only one that going to tell you to keep doing what you are doing, just keep shooting fireworks the same as you have been. The ATF is not the permit police so to speak. When they check on you in three years tell them the truth, you are shooting on your own property and no one is saying anything and some people have commented you are doing a good job. You now have an ATF license, it sounds like you have a magazine. Stop calling people and get out there and shoot some fireworks. Pay attention to your purchase receipts and magazine bookkeeping. Congratulations on getting your ATF license and joining the forums.

ras1986
07-28-2016, 01:01 PM
I agree with dave. Be safe and shoot it off without the permit. It's all a money game anyway, it's a way to tax the fireworks companies...... I dont think you are a company

Napalm
07-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Thank you for the help. I will just do like you said and keep shooting them off. All my fireworks that I have are mostly from Kellners. I bought just enough to store some to last through next year. I will be probably be heading back up there to early next year to buy more from them. Dave I have been watching your YouTube Channel for a while and I'm thinking about looking into Nite Lites too.

displayfireworks1
07-28-2016, 07:07 PM
I didn't mean to come across as harsh about the permit issue. I am impressed you have your license and a magazine. Leave it at that, if you keep calling people you will force them to give you an answer you do not want to hear. I am afraid if that happens, it will discourage you and stop all the progress you made. I am a realistic about pyrotechnics. not everyone has so called permits. I shoot both with and without permits. From the way you describe your situation , you sound good to me. I suggest faxing your ATF license to all the distributors you plan to purchase from so they can get you into their computer systems. Then when it comes time to purchase they will be ready for you.
I monitor hobbyist ATF license holders across the United States as much as I possibly can. I have no record of a private ATF license holder being cited for shooting 1.3 fireworks without a permit or a lack of a state certification. This is all providing they are using fireworks for their own enjoyment. I do have record of police showing up on shoot sites, the persons shows the license and the event usually ends with a suggestion to stop shooting for the night, due to noise complaint. Use good judgement, don't blast stuff all day and night long, don't shoot too late etc. Behave in a reasonable manner and you should fine.

Napalm
07-28-2016, 09:41 PM
I didn't mean to come across as harsh about the permit issue. I am impressed you have your license and a magazine. Leave at that, if you keep calling people you will force them to give you an answer you do not want to hear. I am afraid if that happens, it will discourage you and stop all the progress you made. I am a realistic about pyrotechnics. not everyone has so called permits. I shoot both with and without permits. From the way you describe your situation , you sound good to me. I suggest faxing your ATF license to all the distributors you plan to purchase from so they can get you into their computer systems. Then when it comes time to purchase they will be ready for you.
I monitor hobbyist ATF license holders across the United States as much as I possibly can. I have no record of a private ATF license holder being cited for shooting 1.3 fireworks without a permit or a lack of a state certification. This is all providing they are using fireworks for their own enjoyment. I do have record of police showing up on shoot sites, the persons shows the license and the event usually ends with a suggestion to stop shooting for the night, due to noise complaint. Use good judgement, don't blast stuff all day and night long, don't shoot too late etc. Behave in a reasonable manner and you should fine.

I didn't take it harsh at all. I know your trying to help me and make sure all the processes run smoothly. I like to learn and have fun with fireworks. My biggest thing was I didn't want to pay $100 every time I wanted to shoot something when there is hardly any type of law enforcement around me, when I could just shoot them off when I want without a permit and the ATF would be ok and not question why I didn't have any paperwork regarding a permit to shoot. Thank you for the answer to my question, you really did help out a lot.

GulfPyro
05-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Yall I have friend interested in getting his type 54 and he lives in Missouri.. besides the video that I'm going to get him from Dave is it the same process in Missouri as it is in Texas

displayfireworks1
05-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Missouri different because it is the "Show Me" state. So you have to show the ATF you actually have fireworks first. LOL Did you watch that video you bought from me? You must have , you have your ATF license. The procedure is the same in all states because it is a Federal procedure. I just have to remind the ATF of that from time to time to certain locations. For example Texas, New York State , Ohio and one more I am waiting to hear from soon. Reminds me, I am going to send him an email.

BuddyBoy
06-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone,
I just got my type 54 license and there is a few questions I have been thinking about and not sure what the answer would be. I live in Missouri and I wanted to shoot 1.3g fireworks off, but I live out in the middle of no where outside city limits in the country all you see is sheriff and that's on rare occasions. i have also shot of 1.4g fireworks all the time with no one showing up or anything actually people around my area will come out and watch if they hear it. I have a lot of land. The first question is do I need a permit then? And the second question is when the ATF comes out three years from now to look over my permit and my magazine will they want to look at permits saying I'm aloud to shoot them? I talked to them on the phone the other day about that and they said they probably wouldn't worry about them, but it was a definite answer. Can you please help me with this. Thank you for reading this and responding.

Are you still not in trouble with shooting 1.3 off without insurance? I went through the trouble of taking a class and everything and the company I did the class through said I couldn't shoot private shows unless I had insurance? Please let me know what you have experienced these last two years.