PDA

View Full Version : Hello (again), this time from VT

vegassalute
07-23-2016, 09:49 AM
Hey everyone, long time no see. Due to my career I've relocated once again and now reside in Vermont. I intend to stay here a while :). Is anyone aware of any pyro hobbyist groups here in northern New England/northern NY? I stopped by one of my local consumer retail outlets, not bad. It's no state of PA or OH but not bad nonetheless.

Hope everyone had a great July 4 and you're all having lots of pyro-fun. I sure am! And I've also been catching up on Dave's latest videos. Nice work Dave as always!

PJ

Rick_In_Tampa
07-23-2016, 11:11 AM
Vegas to Vermont. Let me guess, Virginia is next, right? :p

Welcome back!

vegassalute
07-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Thanks Rick! Lord I hope not....sick of moving :) All good though, love it here and where i live is VERY rural so I can have pyro fun and not bother anyone. Including my wife :)

jknepp1954
07-23-2016, 03:02 PM
Vegas - there are a couple up your way - NLPC - Northern Lighters Pyrotechnics CLub and NEW HAMPSHIRE Pyrotechnics Association - both have 2 or 3 shoots up that way each yr. - not sure of dates or contact info - but i can try to find out though.

NHPA according to info i just read is in Warren, NH - Sept 16 & 17

vegassalute
07-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Thanks for that info! Warren, NH is less than 70 miles from me. I really appreciate it jknepp, I'll look them both up.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-24-2016, 03:08 AM
Thanks Rick! Lord I hope not....sick of moving :) All good though, love it here and where i live is VERY rural so I can have pyro fun and not bother anyone. Including my wife :)

Vermont is gorgeous. Spent some time up there camping with the Boy Scouts when I was a kid. Still remember how beautiful (and cold!) it was.

Any plans to get your ATF54 now that you have the space to use the 1.3G stuff?

vegassalute
07-24-2016, 09:46 AM
Yes, I intend to begin the process over the fall/winter season. My primary objective with obtaining my 54 is so that I can include some larger cakes and thunder kings into my shows. I've purchased Dave's package twice over the past several years and finally intend to get around to going through the process.

You're right about how gorgeous it is up here. And it is a pyro-fanatic's dream! Hoping to also connect with the NH club and apply for membership at some point.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-25-2016, 05:05 AM
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and videos from your area and your next big (hopefully 1.3G!) shoot!!

PGH_Pyro
07-26-2016, 04:16 PM
i'll be in VT, this Fall, for a wedding ... I was curious on what the fireworks situation is, up there.
thinking about doing a little show for the wedding (a family member).

vegassalute
07-26-2016, 06:34 PM
i'll be in VT, this Fall, for a wedding ... I was curious on what the fireworks situation is, up there.
thinking about doing a little show for the wedding (a family member).

1.3 or 1.4?