View Full Version : Thanks WFBOOM!!

Crab107
07-21-2016, 11:55 AM
Put in my first wholesale order with the boom:)) it was a small order. Got some commander in cheif, blue rush cake and some whistling blasters. The process was easy, i got the stuff today and i just ordered friday. Didnt expect it to happen so fast!! Its definitely the way to go from now on for me..retail in Ga is ridiculous in comparison..just not sure how freight costs will affect a larger order.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-21-2016, 12:14 PM
If it helps, I ordered 26 cases of mainly 500G cakes from their sister company in Ohio and the shipping to my house here in Tampa was $345. I can burn through $345 in a local store or tent paying retail on 3 boxes of shells. So IMHO it's worth every dime to have them shipped from Ohio. I'm still saving $$$.

Crab107
07-21-2016, 03:21 PM
If it helps, I ordered 26 cases of mainly 500G cakes from their sister company in Ohio and the shipping to my house here in Tampa was $345. I can burn through $345 in a local store or tent paying retail on 3 boxes of shells. So IMHO it's worth every dime to have them shipped from Ohio. I'm still saving $$$.

That helps alot Rick. Its good to have an idea of what im looking at for a big show. Small show for labor day with the el cheapo firing system..ive been looking at the COBRA...yeah im small time right now probably dont need it...but i dont have kids, dont have many bills..and because i can:)

So my plan is to do a midnight blast on new years with the cobra..order a bunnch of cakes, fire them all at once the send up 75 mortar shells for a finale'

Been watching cobra videos and love that sequence button. I dont even own one yet but i bet i could do a 5 minute pyro musical on what i know from daves and pyro mike videos..lol

Rick_In_Tampa
07-22-2016, 11:57 AM
That helps alot Rick. Its good to have an idea of what im looking at for a big show. Small show for labor day with the el cheapo firing system..ive been looking at the COBRA...yeah im small time right now probably dont need it...but i dont have kids, dont have many bills..and because i can:)

So my plan is to do a midnight blast on new years with the cobra..order a bunnch of cakes, fire them all at once the send up 75 mortar shells for a finale'

Been watching cobra videos and love that sequence button. I dont even own one yet but i bet i could do a 5 minute pyro musical on what i know from daves and pyro mike videos..lol

The only experience I have with a Cobra system or squibbing cakes with "real" ematch I got last weekend at our club shoot. Wiring everything up seemed pretty straight forward to me. However, figuring out when to fire everything or how to get all of the right things to fire in the right sequence to get the right effect.... I have no clue. But I'm sure Dave has a video on it!! Thankfully, I don't think there's a pyro related ANYTHING he doesn't have a video on!!

Definitely looking forward to seeing how your show(s) turn out.

Wholesale Fireworks
07-22-2016, 02:55 PM

Rick Thank you for the feedback and I don't want to be critical but I think you may have meant "their sister company in MD" just want to set the record straight so everyone doesn't think we have another store in Ohio other than our seasonal locations that do not ship product. We appreciate the great feedback and kind words and as always, anyone is free to contact us directly with any questions.

djsmurf
07-22-2016, 10:12 PM
Ray and his staff are excellent. Even with the issues this year they help work out orders and the product was A+ as always, "Commander in chief" preformed very well.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-23-2016, 01:31 AM
Rick Thank you for the feedback and I don't want to be critical but I think you may have meant "their sister company in MD" just want to set the record straight so everyone doesn't think we have another store in Ohio other than our seasonal locations that do not ship product. We appreciate the great feedback and kind words and as always, anyone is free to contact us directly with any questions.

My apologies. I thought they were in Ohio.

Wholesale Fireworks
07-25-2016, 11:17 AM
Rick
Its all good. NO WORRIES. I just wanted to nip it in the bud before the rumors started to fly LOL

DJ Smurf thanks again for the Kind words and our apologies again for the delays and thank you so much for your patience and working with us.

vegassalute
07-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Good to see the positive comments. I haven't even done one dollar in commerce yet (I emphasize YET)with WFBoom and their responsiveness and thorough follow up to questions has been exceptional. By all accounts it appears to be a very well run organization.

MontanaMike
07-29-2016, 06:48 PM
I did my first order with WFBOOM this year and I'm sure it will be the first of many. My sales rep was Jack. He was very helpful and responsive to my questions, and our order arrived 100% perfect. Everybody was wowed at our display and all of the product met or exceeded expectaions.

As for the shipping - we did 38 cases and shipping was just over $400 to Montana.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-29-2016, 11:10 PM
As for the shipping - we did 38 cases and shipping was just over $400 to Montana.

See!! That's what I love about the wholesale world. 30 cases for $400. How far do you think $400 would go in at a fireworks tent? A few cases of 60 gram mortars maybe? Its insane.

Wholesale is the ONLY way to go IMHO.

Westpapyro
07-29-2016, 11:14 PM
Oh I read that as 38 cases and shipping COST was just over $400?

Rick_In_Tampa
07-29-2016, 11:21 PM
Oh I read that as 38 cases and shipping COST was just over $400?

Ahhh my bad. Yes... 38 not 30.

I was my understanding when I signed up here there would be no math involved...

MontanaMike
07-30-2016, 12:59 PM
I guess I was a little unclear -- but yes, it cost $406 to ship 38 cases, or just a bit over $10 per case. It's about a 1550 mile distance so it seems reasonable to me -- not to mention WAY easier and less time consuming. (More time for planning and research!)

I guess a guy could buy 38 cases of fireworks for $400 but it would be really small stuff! :)

Crab107
07-30-2016, 01:17 PM
I guess I was a little unclear -- but yes, it cost $406 to ship 38 cases, or just a bit over $10 per case. It's about a 1550 mile distance so it seems reasonable to me -- not to mention WAY easier and less time consuming. (More time for planning and research!)

I guess a guy could buy 38 cases of fireworks for $400 but it would be really small stuff! :)

Here in Ga $400 would get 5 boxes of 24 shells

Crab107
07-30-2016, 01:18 PM

Here in Ga $400 would get 5 boxes of 24 shells...plus 11% tax..lol

Crab107
07-30-2016, 01:19 PM

Here in Ga $400 would get 5 boxes of 24 shells...plus 11% tax..lol

PyroJoeNEPA
07-31-2016, 10:57 AM
Ahhh my bad. Yes... 38 not 30.

I was my understanding when I signed up here there would be no math involved...
No math in pyro---LOL...wait till you start scripting shows, calculating lift time, break time, hang time, Google earth for your shoot site to get safe distances for product to people, and---if you get into building shells or rockets, etc. ---then you are talking grams vs oz, etc. I wish I paid more attention in math, trig, etc. while in college---but that was the '60's and everything was soooooo foggy! LOL.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-31-2016, 12:43 PM
No math in pyro---LOL...wait till you start scripting shows, calculating lift time, break time, hang time, Google earth for your shoot site to get safe distances for product to people, and---if you get into building shells or rockets, etc. ---then you are talking grams vs oz, etc. I wish I paid more attention in math, trig, etc. while in college---but that was the '60's and everything was soooooo foggy! LOL.

Lol... Funny you should mentioned it. I already have next years show plotted out. I used Google Earth to measure the shoot site distances and used a screen shot as an overlay in MS Visio to build the tentative show setup.

As for math and paying attention... The 70's were pretty foggy for me too. And the 80's, 90's... But I'm feeling much better now! (I think)

masterblaster
08-05-2016, 02:21 PM
$400 at Phantom in South Florida is, drum roll please.... 4 NOABs @ $199.99 BOGO