PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Illinois

Bigjohnson
07-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone my name is Dan. I live in Chicago but do all my shoots at lake houses in Indiana or Michigan. I've been using fire works since I was about 8 and am 30 now. I obviously started with small stuff but now have moved on to pretty decent sized shows. 1-2000 dollars. yesterday I bought daves video to obtain my type 54. For the amount I'm spending it makes more sense for bang for the buck factor. I'm anxiously awaiting the dvd set so I can (fingers crossed) get my license.

I am a firefighter and have children of my own, so obviously safety is the number one factor at all of my shows. Largest shell I can shoot from a safe distance is a 4in so I will not be going any larger then that.

Now anybody in the Chicagoland area who has a license info on contingent storage would be great. There are a few places I aware of but they are a little bit of a drive. That doesn't bother me but just looking for any info.

Thanks in advance guys and I'm anxiously awaiting my DVDs

Rick_In_Tampa
07-21-2016, 12:08 PM
Hey there Dan! Welcome aboard. Glad to have you. Always good to have a firefighter on the boards to add your unique perspective to the pyro community. I'm sure you have some tales to tell.

Bigjohnson
07-21-2016, 01:10 PM
I've definitely seen some interesting stuff. I defintley should have jokned sooner. I've waited way to long to obtain my type 54. I get a little mad and a little jealous when someone puts on a better show then me. Hahaha. Time to step my game up. I'm really hoping daves video is what it takes.

chriskrc
07-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the forum. It's great to really see firefighters interested in fireworks. As for only being able to shoot a 4" shell , well that's a pretty good size shell and will make a great addition to any show.

Bigjohnson
07-21-2016, 05:06 PM
Yeah 3s and 4s with some cakes make a good show in my opinion. I'll still spend my usual budget but just have more quality stuff. I just don't want to go bigger then the legal distance with kids around. I'd hate for something to happen. I just really hope I get the permit. And I see Lynch is a sponsor and offers storage. They are who I'm thinking about contacting but they are 4 hours away. The distance desnt bother me at all but I don't know if my storage can be that far.

I'm already getting itchy thinking about all of this. I'm already looking at the inventory sheet and picking out what I'm going to buy when I get my license haha

jknepp1954
07-21-2016, 06:28 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk there DAN!
going to PGI by any chance?

PyroManiacs
07-21-2016, 06:32 PM
Welcome Dan!

displayfireworks1
07-21-2016, 08:31 PM
Are you able to give me a city name where you shoot 1.3 in Michigan? One of my 1.3 advertisers may be near that city.

fatcat
07-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Welcome aboard Dan

Bigjohnson
07-21-2016, 09:15 PM
Are you able to give me a city name where you shoot 1.3 in Michigan? One of my 1.3 advertisers may be near that city.

Pm sent Dave

Bigjohnson
07-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk there DAN!
going to PGI by any chance?

I am most likely going to go since it's not far. I'm not a member so o don't know how enterance works. A friend of mines dad is a type 54 holder and a member. He mentioned bringing me and my buddy.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-22-2016, 03:44 AM
I've definitely seen some interesting stuff. I defintley should have jokned sooner. I've waited way to long to obtain my type 54. I get a little mad and a little jealous when someone puts on a better show then me. Hahaha. Time to step my game up. I'm really hoping daves video is what it takes.

Don't feel bad. I still don't have my 54. Can't find storage yet. :( So right now I live vicariously through my pyro club and the folks in here.

djsmurf
07-22-2016, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the forum!

infante0216
07-23-2016, 01:01 AM
Welcome Dan

Bigjohnson
07-26-2016, 01:29 AM
My DVDs got here today. I'll be watching them tomorrow and filling out my app. Wish me luck

Rick_In_Tampa
07-26-2016, 02:01 AM
My DVDs got here today. I'll be watching them tomorrow and filling out my app. Wish me luck

Good luck!

vegassalute
07-26-2016, 06:48 AM
Welcome to the tribe Dan. I'm actually in your state on biz today (Naperville). Looking forward to hear more about your experiences!

infante0216
07-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone my name is Dan. I live in Chicago but do all my shoots at lake houses in Indiana or Michigan. I've been using fire works since I was about 8 and am 30 now. I obviously started with small stuff but now have moved on to pretty decent sized shows. 1-2000 dollars. yesterday I bought daves video to obtain my type 54. For the amount I'm spending it makes more sense for bang for the buck factor. I'm anxiously awaiting the dvd set so I can (fingers crossed) get my license.

I am a firefighter and have children of my own, so obviously safety is the number one factor at all of my shows. Largest shell I can shoot from a safe distance is a 4in so I will not be going any larger then that.

Now anybody in the Chicagoland area who has a license info on contingent storage would be great. There are a few places I aware of but they are a little bit of a drive. That doesn't bother me but just looking for any info.

Thanks in advance guys and I'm anxiously awaiting my DVDs

Welcome on here Dan.