View Full Version : Hello from Kansas

Pyro Paul
07-20-2016, 11:44 PM
Hi! I'm new to Pyro talk but not pyrotechnics although I've never gotten licensed. I've worked many commercial firework shoots and attended classes but my own backyard shows are consumer class on one long ass fuse. Not that consumer class is a bad thing, I take it to great heights and crowds average 150 ppl not counting the cars that pull over to watch or neighbors that watch from their own porch (not bad for a small farming community). I've always been a pyro fan and an old high school friend gave me the nickname lol. So now that I've watched all of Dave's vid's on youtube I finally decided to take the bull by the horns and order the kit to get my type 54. I may even get that state shooters license not to mention a wireless firing system. Thank you for all the great posts and reading material. I used some of the info from here for my roman candle fan racks this last 4th. Looking forward to furthering my hobby... :D

PyroManiacs
07-21-2016, 12:07 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk, Paul!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-21-2016, 12:22 AM
Welcome aboard Paul! That's quite an impressive pumpkin.

chriskrc
07-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum love the pumpkin

displayfireworks1
07-21-2016, 08:27 AM
Paul , great to have you on the forums. Thanks for that great first post. I wish more people would introduce themselves with all that detail. After I posted that Roman Candle rack video my friend Scott made more people made that rack than I can count. That is a good thing. I love to hear when one of the long fuse guys finally moves into electrical wireless firing. It looks like someone in the area has some fireworks making experience by the looks of that shell. Thanks for following my fireworks videos, it pleases me to hear I inspire enthuist to progress further into the hobby.
for those that never saw the Roman Candle rack video here it is. Wow it is from 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqkxSd_WcaU

Pyro Paul
07-21-2016, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to stay an active member in this community or dare I say family? I'm hoping to run across other fellow pyromaniacs from Kansas. May I also say thank you to the fellow Vets in here for your service. I share the same heritage, maybe that's why I feel so patriotic on the 4th of July. On the other hand nothing beats the big BOOM of a salute and the smell of smoke and sulfur. I love it all!! Thanks Dave for making this group possible. Now hurry up and get my video's here so I can get those forms sent off!! LOL (just kidding):p

Rick_In_Tampa
07-22-2016, 03:46 AM
Thanks for your service as well Paul! Retired AF here.

djsmurf
07-22-2016, 10:27 PM
Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum Paul.

infante0216
07-23-2016, 01:04 AM
welcome paul

Pyro Paul
07-23-2016, 07:47 PM
HOLY COW!! I JUST GOT AN ENVELOPE IN THE MAIL WITH DAVE'S MAGIC TAPE ON IT!!! :eek: THANKS DAVE :D

displayfireworks1
07-23-2016, 09:35 PM
Thanks for ordering my ATF/DVD package. I am showing at least 180 ATF fireworks license in the state of Kansas, maybe you can add one more to that number.