PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pyros in NC

pyrofan4life
07-20-2016, 10:06 PM
I have obtained access to a 100 acre farm in Anson County, NC and I'm considering the idea of an open shoot night for anyone that can make it. I have an operator's license and insurance so I can obtain the necessary permit. We can shoot 1.3 and 1.4 with virtually no size constraints at this venue. Does anyone have any interest or thoughts?

Regards,
Pyro4Life

displayfireworks1
07-20-2016, 10:20 PM
You down in the deep south it looks like. You do not have to give specifics other than what town is the property located near? Do you think the local government would object?
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r64DvcK0elQ/UzrviSkyzyI/AAAAAAAFmPg/NqiBFXfujiM/s800/Anson%2520County%252C%2520NC.gif

pyrofan4life
07-21-2016, 03:08 PM
You down in the deep south it looks like. You do not have to give specifics other than what town is the property located near? Do you think the local government would object?
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r64DvcK0elQ/UzrviSkyzyI/AAAAAAAFmPg/NqiBFXfujiM/s800/Anson%2520County%252C%2520NC.gif

Dave, I'm going to get a permit from the local fire marshal to avoid any trouble. The site is in Polkton, NC. I just need to make sure I can provide adequate ingress and egress paths for fire response.

pyrofan4life
07-21-2016, 04:02 PM
I just confirmed that the owner of the professional display company I shoot for will be in attendance and will be handling the permitting process with the fire marshal. I just need to get an idea of how many people would like to participate so I can plan it all out. Looks like a lot of work will be involved to have a successful event. Dave, can you help spread the word? I'm strongly considering October 21-22.

Regards,
Chris

pyrofan4life
07-21-2016, 04:39 PM
I just confirmed that the owner of the professional display company I shoot for will be in attendance and will be handling the permitting process with the fire marshal. I just need to get an idea of how many people would like to participate so I can plan it all out. Looks like a lot of work will be involved to have a successful event. Dave, can you help spread the word? I'm strongly considering October 21-22 or 28-29.

Regards,
Chris

displayfireworks1
07-21-2016, 08:51 PM
There are 1000 things that go with these open shoots from bathrooms, hotel rooms to garbage pickup. I would suggest to seek out local pyro groups in that area and see if they can use the site and offer their expertise. To invite more that just local people you have many things to consider. Those dates in October are a good choice. My suggestion is to start this at this the local level with enthusiast from a 100 mile radius and see how it goes and move on from there. I am curious does that display company sell 1.3 fireworks or just do displays. Got to the site and get some pictures or video and post it. That will help. Do you know how to post google earth pictures? We need to see your site section?

pyrofan4life
07-24-2016, 01:09 PM
There are 1000 things that go with these open shoots from bathrooms, hotel rooms to garbage pickup. I would suggest to seek out local pyro groups in that area and see if they can use the site and offer their expertise. To invite more that just local people you have many things to consider. Those dates in October are a good choice. My suggestion is to start this at this the local level with enthusiast from a 100 mile radius and see how it goes and move on from there. I am curious does that display company sell 1.3 fireworks or just do displays. Got to the site and get some pictures or video and post it. That will help. Do you know how to post google earth pictures? We need to see your site section?

Here's a pic of the proposed shoot site.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-25-2016, 03:55 AM
Here's a pic of the proposed shoot site.

Ok... How did you get the line thing that measured the distance?! Is that a Google Earth option? Please tell me how you did it!

pyrofan4life
07-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Ok... How did you get the line thing that measured the distance?! Is that a Google Earth option? Please tell me how you did it!

Google Earth has measurement tools - https://support.google.com/earth/answer/148134?hl=en

Rick_In_Tampa
07-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Google Earth has measurement tools - https://support.google.com/earth/answer/148134?hl=en

I went on Google Maps yesterday and did a screen shot of our retention pond where I do my show. Then I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how in the world I can get the exact measurements so I could build some boards and mortar racks tubes to scale and overlay them using Visio.

Never occurred to me to use Google Earth instead..... Gawd..... Sometimes I make my own brain bleed.....

Thanks for the info by the way. :mad:

pyrofan4life
07-25-2016, 10:19 AM
I went on Google Maps yesterday and did a screen shot of our retention pond where I do my show. Then I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how in the world I can get the exact measurements so I could build some boards and mortar racks tubes to scale and overlay them using Visio.

Never occurred to me to use Google Earth instead..... Gawd..... Sometimes I make my own brain bleed.....

Thanks for the info by the way. :mad:

No problem. The best way to learn is to ask questions. The smartest people in the world ask the most questions. :)