PDA

View Full Version : NFPA 1123 Question

bohicarlp
07-16-2016, 03:20 PM
I am a hobbyist wanting, as Dave says, to add juice to my show and expand my hobby. I live on 1.5 acres and my property is 150' wide. Where I set up my consumer show has been 200' from the nearest spectator. However, how am I to take the minimum secured diameter site? If i am to use say 2.5" shells and the secured site is to be 350' diameter, I would fall into a neighbors property by roughly 100'. Would I be off limits to shoot shells of 1.3? Would I need letters from the neighbors to submit to the city? Do I need friends to stand on the neighbors property and stand watch? Thanks for all input.

bohicarlp
07-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Sorry if this should be in the Display Thread.

displayfireworks1
07-16-2016, 03:52 PM
Why am I thinking you are on Step C. When you should be on Step A. Step A is do you have an ATF 1.3 license?

bohicarlp
07-16-2016, 07:04 PM
I realize I am jumping the gun a bit. I like to know as much information as possible before making a move on something I am highly interested in. I am over analyzing this at the moment and will start with Step A.

displayfireworks1
07-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Remember I have magic eyes on this website. It looks like you are 37.3 miles from one of my advertiser Ace Pyro in Manchester Michigan. I am not sure where you are buying fireworks now but we can get you an ATF license. If you need my help consider purchasing my ATF/DVD package. From your prior post it looks like you took the PGI display shooter course. Its time to continue to advance. Do you have any experience with electrical firing? I need to keep you guys moving while your still in the July 4 fireworks spirit. Before you know it the next fireworks holiday will roll along and you will regret not moving on it now.
http://pyrotalk.com/shopping.php
If you feel comfortable doing so, post a google earth picture of your property and we can give you a ball park assessment of what to shoot on it. From the sound of things you need some larger cakes.

bohicarlp
07-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Big eye in the sky. I already received and watched your video. I sent you the pm this past week Thanking you. I in fact did take the course in LaPorte in 2012(Fire in the Sky).