PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia Explosive Storage

displayfireworks1
07-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Is there anyone on the discussion forums that is familiar with explosive storage magazines in the State of West Virginia? The question is are there any rules outside of the ATF protocol. A link would be helpful. Just post here or PM me. Thanks.

Northern Sky
07-15-2016, 11:56 AM
To my knowledge, there were a lot of changes in West Virginia this year. The people I would normally ask have been banned for quite some time.

displayfireworks1
07-15-2016, 03:10 PM
The word I getting in West Virginia is the ATF license is required ahead of the state permit to store fireworks. The ATF Inspector will sign off on the magazine first , issue the license. Then application to the state of West Virginia can proceed. The good news is the ATF in West Virginia can issue the license independent of the state inspection. This is the way it really should be done. This would save the state the hassle of sending a qualified person out to inspected it for accuracy.
West Virginia State fire Marshall number is 304-558-2191.
In summary it looks like get the magazine, apply to the ATF. Once ATF approves , take the license number add to state of West Virginia storage permit. On a side note if you plan to be in commerce it adds more state permits but does not appear to change the overall procedure.