PDA

View Full Version : Salute Candle Question

displayfireworks1
07-13-2016, 10:54 AM
I see Lynch Imports is delivering 1.3 orders to the PGI convention. Is anyone familiar with this item?
PERC1001 10 ball Color Pearl to Salute! This is, like, a good idea - right? 24/6 NEW! $149
Is this candle 10 salutes or color with a salute finish?
You can see it listed 15/32 page of the catalog
http://lynchimportsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Lynch-Imports-2016-Catalog.pdf

Bazerk
07-13-2016, 11:08 AM
I see Lynch Imports is delivering 1.3 orders to the PGI convention. Is anyone familiar with this item?
PERC1001 10 ball Color Pearl to Salute! This is, like, a good idea - right? 24/6 NEW! $149
Is this candle 10 salutes or color with a salute finish?
You can see it listed 15/32 page of the catalog
http://lynchimportsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Lynch-Imports-2016-Catalog.pdf

I was told by a buddy who bought them this year that they were a waste of time and money. I haven't personally tried them so I am not entirely sure how good or bad they are, but I doubt I will buy them myself.

displayfireworks1
07-13-2016, 11:27 AM
Its sad that the only way to get a good small salute roman candle is to buy the mismarked ones that are out there. I was a littlie suspicious of this one because the good ones out there now are 5 shots. Years back Kellner sold a 1.3 candle called Big Thunderous Torch , I believe that was a 8 shot item. I loved that candle. Rumor has it the CPSC put pressure on the 1.3 guys to stop importation because they were making their way into Consumers hands. Now they are still making their way into Consumer hands only at $2.50 each on the black market. LOL

Dmkaz
07-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Dave -

I bought a case of those Salute Candles this year from Lynch. You heard right when it was mentioned that they were a waste of money. The insert breaks resembled something of a loud firecracker. There is no color to salute; just the 'salute' break. Immediately when you look at the diameter of the candle itself you can smell the mediocrity.

I think I have some pictures I took of them somewhere I'll find and upload.

Speaking of the 'gray market' candles. I came across some this year called 'Bam Bam'. Five shot salute candles that were quite impressive. Loud, sharp titanium crack. Almost something like a Firing Squad cake. Let me know and I can send you a picture as well.

displayfireworks1
07-13-2016, 12:25 PM
Please don't start posting any overloaded mismarked products, I have enough headaches already. I know its out there, I can find it.

Luke_Crankwalker
07-13-2016, 01:49 PM
We saw a demo of a candle called "are you kidding me?" by Universal firework company. Large candle with 5 loud salutes. I was impressed. Can't seem to find any pics or demo's online.

-Mike

displayfireworks1
07-13-2016, 02:09 PM
I ask for it not to happen and 40 min later it happens. I blame myself for starting the subject. I'll just close the thread. The 1.3 candles at Lynch are not what I am looking for.