PDA

View Full Version : Ship Show

Pyroigniter
07-10-2016, 08:27 PM
I'm currently doing 1.3 shows in VA for my Community. Our county requires a million dollar ins policy. We currently buy our policy and its about 2k for the show. Is there any companies that will do a ship show. I've heard a rumor of some but I do not have info on who. Thanks

Westpapyro
07-11-2016, 03:17 AM
Confused!
Could you expand more on what you're looking for?

displayfireworks1
07-11-2016, 06:58 AM
I know there is one distributor in Michigan and possibly a few other places. I have been told it covers the transportation and the display. You still need to pick it up. The first place to ask is your 1.3 distributor. The one person I know that was doing this, it was around $700.00 per display from his distributor. You are going to also need a resume' of your experience , complete plan of the shoot site and a few other questions.
I know a few people that want to be in the display business and try this. The want to sell displays and have this as their business plan along with a contingency storage plan. They are usually out of business in two year. I don't recommend it. What I do recommend is once a display gets too big to manage with volunteers and insurance issues, bring in an established company and work for them to shoot the display.
On final thing on those ship shows, you have to exclusively use only their product under the insurance.

Pyroigniter
07-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Thanks For the info. I'm only trying to do it for our neighborhood. My logic is save 1200 on insurance and it gives me 1200 to spend on bigger and better. I would much rather give the distributor the money than the insurance companies. I was talking to one of your sponsors about it and they were interested but I got busy and haven't had a chance to follow up further. When I spoke to my insurance provider they said I should look out for a ship show. We have a strict budget and our insurance costs have gone up 200 every year for the past 4 years.

displayfireworks1
07-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Just so I understand your current situation. You paid $2000.00 to an insurance company to insure your fireworks display for one day? Or is it event insurance that covers the entire day of activities for the community event? Can you please explain in detail what type of coverage you purchased. Did you purchase fireworks specific insurance or something else? What type of budget are you spending on this display?

Pyroigniter
07-11-2016, 09:31 AM
I paid 2081.30 for fire exhibition and storage. 1500 for exhibition and 350 for storage. The rest is taxes and so on. I sent a copy of the binder to your inbox so it hopefully explains better. We have a 7k Budget. Usually breaks down to 2100 for insurance, 200 for permit, 50 to feed local Firehouse. The rest on fireworks. All of the infrastructure so far has been out of my pocket like 440-3" mortar tubes and racks, 250 2" mortar tubes and racks, Magazine, Cobra firing system. I would like to expand to 4's and 6's but need infrastructure and $$$$$. This past year I spent 3k at Fire art and 2500 at Spirit 76 and 400 at Kellners. I would like to narrow down to one company for the simplicity of picking up 1 time. As you can see when you add the numbers up I went over and that simply comes out of my pocket.