View Full Version : Hello Everyone!!!!!

chunn7704
07-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Hello guys and possibly gals. Im from Louisana, somethings telling me there may not be many in here with me? Trying to obtain my manifac license. Any one here been through this from louisana?

chriskrc
07-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the forum.

chunn7704
07-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Thank you Chris

displayfireworks1
07-08-2016, 10:47 PM
I believe we have a couple of members from Louisiana, I hope you can network with them. Tell us something about your level of experience. I see you are interested in an ATF Manufacturing license. Do you plan on selling fireworks? You do not need a license to make explosives (fireworks) for your own use. Of course there is more to that story. What do you plan on making?

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2016, 11:17 PM
Welcome Chunn!!

chunn7704
07-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Thank yall. I have been manif canister shells and ball shells for i would say 6 months now. Hard to keep up with the amout of reading ive done in the last 6 months. haha. Im also a member of Mr. Neds site. According to atf as u quoted u do not have to have a license to build fireworks for ur own use as long as u dont travel with them and dispose of them on ur own property. But it also says according to ur state and local. Well state of La says u shall not build anything without proper license. So im in the process of looking up some plans to build a magazine type 4. It will be on my sisters property due to me living in a neighborhood. Not sure what hoops i will have to jump through to accomplish this with it being on her land. But i will do whatever i need to do, the risk isnt worth it when u have children.

displayfireworks1
07-09-2016, 11:47 PM
It sounds like you have some experience in this area. My assessment is you do not need a ATF manufacturing license to make , store and transport. A regular ATF Type 54 should cover it if you are not in commerce. If you feel you have the property and resources to purse the manufacturing license that has advantages also. Either way at least you will be licensed.

djsmurf
07-10-2016, 03:25 AM
Welcome to the forums.

chunn7704
07-11-2016, 08:07 AM
thank u djsmurf