PDA

View Full Version : First show issues..went good and bad

Crab107
07-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Sorry no vids or pics guys. Ive been trying since yesterday to up load pics. Im about to load the last mortar shot i have and set this phone on top of the tube.

Issues:
KIDS!!! had unruly kids around my stuff, their parents just sat back and watched as the kids ran aroun my stuff with sparklers and roman candles..one got his shoe caught on my fuse. ..so either no kids at my next show or have my display area roped off and firm no kids allowed rule

Unsolicited help: Everybody wanted a hand in the setup with their hands all in my plan

25 shot mortar milk crate: worked just how it was supposed to..however..lol...my fuses jumped. I had 3 "runs" Loaded..to be lit 3 separate times. Lit the first one..was supposed to be 5 shots, after 3 shots all the fuse lit so i had a 25 shot rack firing on ALL CYLINDERS for my first shot. It was impressive but it was a "finale like" beginning...it was the attention getter for sure.

2 cakes on my finale didnt light..i was so disappointed...i had one cake, 2 1 minute fountains, a 300 shot saturn missile and 14 mortar tubes firing all at once. Still looked and sounded cool but it wouldve been alot better.

More people showed up than i had planned and it scared the crap out of me..30 or more...for my first "family show". I was setting up and looked back and all i saw was people..guys standing around watching with their arms crossed..women cackling..freaked me out.

It all went off well though, everyone yelled and screamed and clapped.

I just had it all planned in my head but it didnt go that way..damnit

fireworkfan
07-05-2016, 05:19 PM
my 2 points

don't go the no kids route,in the end the end of it all they'll be the future of this hobby and one of those kids may be a future lover of fireworks just like most of us were at that age.best route is to just rope it all off either with that orange construction netting or 2 or 3 rows of caution tape.

also the show never goes the way you plan it upstairs otherwise you'd never have to come back with a bigger and badder show for the following year.

Crab107
07-05-2016, 06:27 PM
my 2 points

don't go the no kids route,in the end the end of it all they'll be the future of this hobby and one of those kids may be a future lover of fireworks just like most of us were at that age.best route is to just rope it all off either with that orange construction netting or 2 or 3 rows of caution tape.

also the show never goes the way you plan it upstairs otherwise you'd never have to come back with a bigger and badder show for the following year.

Yeah youre right. I just dont have any, nor do i want any. Theyre just so careless when they arent raised right. Im a firm beliver in beatings..lol..it worked on me...sorta.

Ropes it is for next time

beakman706
07-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Don't worry about the things that went wrong. The only that knows that is you. Everybody else thinks that was the way it was to go.

With the kids, I put orange cones with caution tape around shoot site. If you have to say something by all means say it. A dropped sparkler could have a not so good outcome.

ilovecrackle
07-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Yeah, Id go with the roping off or cones with the caution tape as well.
If the kids still run under and pass it, talk to the parents and explain the dangers of them running around in the restricted area, not only concerning their kids but the safety of you as well. If they still allow their kids to run around as they please in the roped off area then I would kindly ask the parents of the kids to please leave if they can't keep their kids out of the restricted area.

nayslayer
07-05-2016, 08:11 PM
I put an old tarp over my setup, worked well for me.

djsmurf
07-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Secure your shoot site....."kids ran around my stuff with sparklers" Rope off the shoot site and tell the parents if they don't want to see their kids explode they will watch and keep their kids away from your shoot site. "Unsolicited help" Tell them to **** off. Your show, you are the lead, if something happens it is on your hands. Secure your shoot site.

Nerves get us all, with things that don't fire as planned and more people watching then expected. Things not firing right happens, it sucks but it's part of the hobby. More people = donations :)

K&C Fireworks
07-06-2016, 01:21 AM
Hi everyone , could someone let me know how to load pics and videos on here I been trying to all day and it want let me. Last night was my first big show had around 600 people there. The first half of the show went Great, I had two finales planned for the show and the first one was ok but it started to rain on me and the second just sucked had to run other to it and hand lite it, I had like 96 - 60 gram finale planned but the fuse got wet on me or something . But I have the video of on my facebook page K&C Fireworks if anyone would to check it out and let me know what they think or give some ideas to improve my shows till I can get uploaded on here . I had like 32 - 500 gram cakes, 6 - 3 inch cakes in the show . it all went good up until the last of it.

K&C Fireworks
07-06-2016, 01:27 AM
And I also had case of the 1.4 pro 3 inch shells in the show all of them was good until the last four shots. I used the ematches from china all of the other work good and the 12 cue firing work good for me too. But I had I had couple of guys tell me that your gonna 3 or 4 things screw up in your that's part of it.

Npntransistor
07-06-2016, 01:40 AM
Cheap plastic fencing works good for crowd control. If people want to help tell them to carry racks or lug something heavy lol.

cmalloy513
07-06-2016, 01:03 PM
This year was also my first big show and my first time using the cobra. I had similar problems. Everyone wanted to help. I took full advantage of it when it came to rack and cake carrying down to the shoot site. But once I had everything layed out on the beach, it was time to start wiring. I had people coming up to us (my father, my uncle and I) walking right through all the wires not having a clue. I wanted to tell them to **** off but they were only trying to help. Next year I will definitely use caution tape and cones or stakes to block off the area.

Crab107
07-06-2016, 10:18 PM
This year was also my first big show and my first time using the cobra. I had similar problems. Everyone wanted to help. I took full advantage of it when it came to rack and cake carrying down to the shoot site. But once I had everything layed out on the beach, it was time to start wiring. I had people coming up to us (my father, my uncle and I) walking right through all the wires not having a clue. I wanted to tell them to **** off but they were only trying to help. Next year I will definitely use caution tape and cones or stakes to block off the area.

Its annoying..right?? I wanted be like..hey hey hey!!!! Look at your feet..you see that fuse?!?!? Go back up and sit with the women if you cant pay attention to what youre doing

cmalloy513
07-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Its annoying..right?? I wanted be like..hey hey hey!!!! Look at your feet..you see that fuse?!?!? Go back up and sit with the women if you cant pay attention to what youre doing
Exactly! Some people have NO common sense.