PDA

View Full Version : Its a sad day

pitts
07-05-2016, 01:06 PM
When I realize I know people this stupid, Gave my daughter some of my shells to take home, she knows how to use them as she has been lighting them with me for years, some of the people that live in the same house as her decided they wanted to do a little finally{spelling} but only had the 2 tubes that came with the shells I gave her, so they placed them on the ground and lit them, you probably know where I am going with this, fortunately, no one got hurt, I am sure everyone knows this BUT DONT TRY IT. On another note, I have noticed some of the HDPE tubes in my racks have become a little tight, not bad but the shell will not slide all the way down, is it ok to give it a little nudge with a stick or anything to get it all the way down?

Thanks for any info

matandch
07-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Sometimes a little nudge with a stick will do the trick if it doesn't go all the way down. Just don't force it too much or the shell could end up flower potting..

ilovecrackle
07-05-2016, 03:16 PM
I'v always heard if it goes in, it will come back out. :p
But like Matandch stated above, a little encouragement is ok, I just wouldn't force it too much.

thomask280
07-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Also consider that the fuse runs down the side of the shell. After it burns past the side of the shell the shell will be somewhat looser.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Speaking of stupid people... There were two knuckleheads shooting some illegally obtained 1.3G shells in the vicinity of where I was doing my show. I say illegal because I asked the one guy where they get their stuff from and if the place offers contingency storage. He said they had no idea what I was talking about. They get their stuff from a "friend." As further proof these two had no idea what they were handling or how to use it, I counted three shells that they put in upside down and lit off. No idea how they didn't lose a limb or kill themselves.