PDA

View Full Version : 2" DR11 Mortar Question

RGB919
07-04-2016, 12:59 PM
First time poster, thanks for having me. I think I've read through almost every thread about mortars and did not find an answer for this. This year I made a bunch of mortar racks with 2" DR11 which has an I.D. of 1.91". I had bought a bunch of wolf pack re-loadable shells which I though would have the standard diameter of 1.75" which work perfect in the DR11 pipe BUT all of them have a diameter of 1.625 not 1.75.
What is the smallest diameter shell you can put into a DR11 without low breaks???
I won't be shooting until the end of July so I have a couple weeks to get this ready.
If anyone has shot the 6 shell wolf pack boxes out of 2" DR11 let me know how it went.
Thanks

malk315
07-05-2016, 05:35 PM
First time poster, thanks for having me. I think I've read through almost every thread about mortars and did not find an answer for this. This year I made a bunch of mortar racks with 2" DR11 which has an I.D. of 1.91". I had bought a bunch of wolf pack re-loadable shells which I though would have the standard diameter of 1.75" which work perfect in the DR11 pipe BUT all of them have a diameter of 1.625 not 1.75.
What is the smallest diameter shell you can put into a DR11 without low breaks???
I won't be shooting until the end of July so I have a couple weeks to get this ready.
If anyone has shot the 6 shell wolf pack boxes out of 2" DR11 let me know how it went.
Thanks

I've fired artillery shells out of my dr-11 tubes with no problems. I'm quite sure they are smaller in diameter than the canister shells I use that fit "flush" with the inner walls of the tubes (Atlas pro canister which are very similar to smoke and mirrors or excals).

Hopefully some of the others can give you an idea of how small you can go before risking anything. Even still -- suggest testing! Testing is a big part of what I think a lot of these guys do (and I do besides watching videos, and it's fun) -- try things out at a safe distance clear from everything so you'll know for sure on your own experience!

Good luck!