PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on unused product.

PGHBoom
07-04-2016, 06:47 AM
I shot my show on July 2nd. Decided to cut show short (story for another thread). It was midnight when I finally went to bed and left the unused product in the backyard under tarps. I did bring in unused mortars. No rain, minimal dew on tarps. Came back the next morning and removed tarps and let product dry in the sun. Is the product still good or not for reuse? I welcome your opinions.

jh35ky123
07-04-2016, 12:47 PM
No rain, minimal due on tarps but let product dry? was it wet or not? Light one off tonight and see and maybe have enough left for labor day!

ras1986
07-04-2016, 08:18 PM
The fire department sprayed my entire setup with water and foam. Came out the next day and all the leftovers still fired

PGHBoom
07-04-2016, 09:49 PM
What I should have said is that I let it sit in the sun for a few hours before I brought it in because I was unsure if any moisture got in the product. But no the cake was not wet.

titanspark76
07-04-2016, 10:59 PM
The fire department sprayed my entire setup with water and foam. Came out the next day and all the leftovers still fired
Would love to hear the story behind that.

ras1986
07-05-2016, 01:03 AM
Would love to hear the story behind that.

Wow. It's a long one. The fire department was on my side. I shot huge display on a beach. Next to a dune. From 2 positions. In 25 mph sustained winds. I called them before shoot time and said I need a truck later. After the show everything was on fire, every cake was burning. Lost 2 cobra 18m's.

cmalloy513
07-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Wow. It's a long one. The fire department was on my side. I shot huge display on a beach. Next to a dune. From 2 positions. In 25 mph sustained winds. I called them before shoot time and said I need a truck later. After the show everything was on fire, every cake was burning. Lost 2 cobra 18m's.

Were you using the armored case with the cobra 18M's?

ras1986
07-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Were you using the armored case with the cobra 18M's?

Yep. I have 4 mods and 2 died

Rick_In_Tampa
07-06-2016, 12:03 AM
I shot my show on July 2nd. Decided to cut show short (story for another thread). It was midnight when I finally went to bed and left the unused product in the backyard under tarps. I did bring in unused mortars. No rain, minimal dew on tarps. Came back the next morning and removed tarps and let product dry in the sun. Is the product still good or not for reuse? I welcome your opinions.

If the cake is dry I'd save it and it should be fine. I had a few from last years show that sat out overnight and got wet with the morning dew. They also were wet because last year is rained throughout the entire show. (Miserable evening it was) After they dried out they lit just fine. I used them on New Years eve.

djsmurf
07-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Were they e-fused?

PGH_Pyro
07-06-2016, 12:48 AM
recycle an re-use

Rick_In_Tampa
07-06-2016, 02:03 AM
Rinse, repeat.

ilovecrackle
07-06-2016, 09:11 AM
I would say save and shoot it another time. One thing i would like to bring up though is I had this happen to me years ago with about 5-6 500 gram cakes. In my situation though i got caught in the rain during setup. These particular cakes got soaked from the bottom and top but i still had the tops on the cakes so I don't think any water got inside the tubes. I let the cakes dry out for a few months, even put them in my shed where it gets hotter. Well, when it came shoot them, i took them out in the field away from everything. As it turns out, i think the lift charge must have gotten wet and when the black powder dried, it must have "clumped up" because when the cake fired, the shells only went about 15-20 feet high. But the shells themselves performed just fine so I got full 500 gram breaks about 15-20 feet off the ground. :D

Just something to keep in mind.

With all that being said, me personally, I would still fire them but probably not in a show or in close proximity of anything. That's just me though. :)

Rocketshooter
07-06-2016, 05:30 PM
They should be fine, no excessive moisture, good to go.