PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Florida

Lucky7
07-03-2016, 05:03 AM
I live right outside of Orlando. I came from a state that does not allow fireworks. Since I've been in Florida my obsession has grown larger every year.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-03-2016, 06:38 AM
Hey Lucky! Welcome aboard. Tell us about your show for this year. What do you have planned? Post some pics!

Lucky7
07-03-2016, 07:17 AM
Thanks rick nice to be here. I have a total of 144 canister shells. About 15 500g cakes, 20 200g, and a bunch of roman candles. I couldn't spend as much as I wanted to( we always want more) but I got all my budget allowed . I built a few racks which came out pretty good.

matandch
07-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the forums from nearby Leesburg.

PapaBearPyro
07-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Howdy from Texas PBP

Rick_In_Tampa
07-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Thanks rick nice to be here. I have a total of 144 canister shells. About 15 500g cakes, 20 200g, and a bunch of roman candles. I couldn't spend as much as I wanted to( we always want more) but I got all my budget allowed . I built a few racks which came out pretty good.

Sounds like a great show in the making Lucky! Are you a member of any pyro clubs? The chief supplier of our club lives out by you. Check out FPAG if you're interested in learning how to shoot the professional shows. We're doing a charity shoot up at Camp Boggy Creek for some very sick children in a few weeks. Love to see you out there if you can make it. PM me if you're interested in learning more.

would love to see pictures of your show layout and those home built racks!! The only building skill I have is the ability to input my debit card number into an online order form. So I'm very envious of you mechanically inclined people.

Lucky7
07-03-2016, 02:34 PM
https://youtu.be/pYpBOerKIMs
Here is a link to some of the stuff I was able to pick up. This is $350 well spent

Lucky7
07-03-2016, 02:45 PM
No I'm not involved with any clubs or anything.... I just love to shoot. It sucks that I only have 2 shoots per year. I learned most of my rack building and shooting processes from our buddy Dave. Any tips or advice world be helpful. I've been shooting twice a year for 5 years and every year I spend a little more. Starting to get a little better at it. Are there any group buys in your club? Kellners looks pretty tempting

Rick_In_Tampa
07-03-2016, 03:30 PM
https://youtu.be/pYpBOerKIMs
Here is a link to some of the stuff I was able to pick up. This is $350 well spent

Very nice stash! You're going to hand light it all a presume?

I'm not sure how most of the folks in FPAG buy their stuff. I know the guy who supports the club offers some really good discounts to club member. I get my stuff from the sister company of Dave's sponsor WF Boom. Since I buy in cases and get the early bird discount for buying in March, there's really no benefit to a group purchase for me. What I save more than makes up for the membership fee to the club, ten times over. What's more valuable is the training and experience you get from the other members of the club. I'm not here to sell anyone on anything. Just throwing it out there as food for thought.

Lucky7
07-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Yes hand lighting. Gonna fuse most things together most likely. I haven't gotten a firing system yet but I'm looking forward to getting one. I would love more info on fpag. I start buying usually in may but I hate paying the shipping cost

Rick_In_Tampa
07-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Yes hand lighting. Gonna fuse most things together most likely. I haven't gotten a firing system yet but I'm looking forward to getting one. I would love more info on fpag. I start buying usually in may but I hate paying the shipping cost

Sent you a PM with all the info on FPAG.