PDA

View Full Version : First time rack build

Cerus
07-01-2016, 04:11 PM
As the title goes - I built my first racks this year and would like any input y'all might have. The racks are all glued and screwed - still working on finalizing the setup but this is what I've got so far.

I plan on adding eyelets and anchoring them down with rebar when I'm finished. They're angled away for better viewing. Last year it was a bit too overhead even at safe min distances.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Very nice! I like the wide sides. Should prove to be very stable platforms.

Love to see the video of the show with them in action!

Cerus
07-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Yeah I figured they were bigger than needed but with them setup parallel to and firing away from the seating area I wanted to have extra insurance against tipping. I also bought way too many sheets of plywood so the more I use the better lol

I'll probably set up the tripod with either our old handycam or the inlaws new Nikon camera that I think takes video. Otherwise my wife would be in charge of video and you'd be watching the grass grow haha

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2016, 05:10 PM
lol... Yeah, the tripod is definitely the better option.

Have a safe shoot!!

Cerus
07-01-2016, 05:20 PM
What you don't want to see grass growing at night??? Lol

They've had rain in the forecast all week but the show will go on. Everything will be covered and we have a 12' umbrella on the patio to stay dry if needed.

displayfireworks1
07-01-2016, 07:47 PM
I like those side boards. Those almost look like pyroboom built racks.

apellet
07-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Looks awesome! Kudos on the angled tubes :)

chriskrc
07-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Great job on the racks. Looks like they have a nice angle to them.

BLACKOMI
07-02-2016, 09:54 AM
That puts my first time rack build to shame, and most since to shame, really nice job

pistolus
07-02-2016, 11:04 PM
nice racks.. it's always a good idea to anchor racks down, but I don't think they're going to tip.. at least shooting consumer shells, anyway.. very nice!