PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Firework Bans Due To Dry Conditions

mrrober
06-30-2016, 04:53 PM
It is getting close to the 4th and I have my stash, racks, systems, fuse, and equipment all set to go. Like most Pyros I have been preparing for Months for this weekend. I have a planned show that I will be shooting in Michigan at my girlfriends parents home.

I got a concerning text from my girlfriend at work today, it kind of ruined my entire day and killed the pyro vibe inside of me.

The text read "Just a heads up, the fire chief has restricted all open fires because its so dry. We heard a rumor they might try to ban fireworks because its so dry."

This text almost made me cry. I started my research right then and there and read every article I could find. What I came up with is that they State Fire Marshall is weighing recommending state wide ban on fireworks this year, but nothing has been done as of yet. State officials are waiting to see how the weather plays out but their is a possibility of no fireworks this year in the state of Michigan.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me and help pick me back up from this devastating blow. Can they really ban fireworks this close to the 4th of July? I spent over 1k this year all wholesale and now I have no idea what to do. Any insight or information on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post but this news really killed me today.

I have pictures of my stash for this year under the "2016 1.4 stash" thread if anybody would like to see what I got this year.

-mrrober

FlyingDutchman
06-30-2016, 06:44 PM
State considers firework bans for Fourth to avoid fire mishaps.

Here is a local news article

http://woodtv.com/2016/06/30/state-considers-firework-bans-for-fourth-to-avoid-fire-mishaps/

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Look a the bright side. If they cancel your show this year, you're going to have one AMAZING stash for next year!!

PyroManiacs
07-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Look a the bright side. If they cancel your show this year, you're going to have one AMAZING stash for next year!!

This much is true. :)

lamrith
07-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Same sort of things happened out here this year. Not statewide, but one county did ban in the middle of June due to fire danger. Thing is last year it was MUCH drier (no rain for 2-3months leading to 4th), this year we had rain right up to the week before..