PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Minnesota

Dustin
06-30-2016, 12:42 PM
Hello. Name is Dustin. Just getting started with some bigger displays and this forum looks like a great resource. Appreciate the information and I look forward to contributing.

nayslayer
06-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Welcome aboard

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Hey there Dustin! Welcome to the forum. Tell us about your shows. How big are they? What do you shoot? Any big changes in store this year?

The big day is almost here!!

displayfireworks1
07-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Hello Dustin, are you using any firing systems or extra fuse?

Dustin
07-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Hey there Dustin! Welcome to the forum. Tell us about your shows. How big are they? What do you shoot? Any big changes in store this year?

The big day is almost here!!

This will be my first "show." I am just getting started past the light the fuse and run situation.

Dustin
07-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Hello Dustin, are you using any firing systems or extra fuse?

I just bought a MS32Q system. I have tested it with a couple lights and it seems to do the job for now. As I move forward I will upgrade to bigger/better but this seems to be a decent starting point.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2016, 11:24 AM
This will be my first "show." I am just getting started past the light the fuse and run situation.

Roger that! lol... Have any pictures of your boards or setup? Always looking for new ideas myself.

I bought a cheap remote firing system this year. So it's going to be my first time trying that out. I'm psyched about it! I've burned through many talon fuses already just playing with it. lol...

Dustin
07-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Roger that! lol... Have any pictures of your boards or setup? Always looking for new ideas myself.

I bought a cheap remote firing system this year. So it's going to be my first time trying that out. I'm psyched about it! I've burned through many talon fuses already just playing with it. lol...

I'll get some pictures this weekend. I am still building my mortar racks. I have a huge pallet that I will be using to secure my cakes and will be driving some stakes and using those to fire some of the monster romans that I have.

I hear ya on the talons. I've burned through a bunch just in testing phase and because I think it's cool. I have twin 7 year old boys so they are "helping" me as much as they can. I really dig the wireless igniter system for no other reason than safety. We can all sit on the deck and hit the buttons and watch the field show. We have 5 acres and luckily my neighbors are all cool.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2016, 11:42 AM
I'll get some pictures this weekend. I am still building my mortar racks. I have a huge pallet that I will be using to secure my cakes and will be driving some stakes and using those to fire some of the monster romans that I have.

I hear ya on the talons. I've burned through a bunch just in testing phase and because I think it's cool. I have twin 7 year old boys so they are "helping" me as much as they can. I really dig the wireless igniter system for no other reason than safety. We can all sit on the deck and hit the buttons and watch the field show. We have 5 acres and luckily my neighbors are all cool.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures! With 5 acres to spread everything out, that's a lot of flexibility for your display setup options.

Right on about the wireless remote!! It's going to be nice to sit back for once and just press buttons to light everything. next year I hope to have left, center, and right stages to set off multiple cakes at the same time. I've tried that multiple times just by fusing and it never works as planned.

Dustin
07-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Looking forward to seeing the pictures! With 5 acres to spread everything out, that's a lot of flexibility for your display setup options.

Right on about the wireless remote!! It's going to be nice to sit back for once and just press buttons to light everything. next year I hope to have left, center, and right stages to set off multiple cakes at the same time. I've tried that multiple times just by fusing and it never works as planned.

I hear ya. My big issue is I don't know when to stop... I have a guy that comes around and sells the "good stuff" and it seems like I'm writing a check every time I see him. Minnesota legal sucks.

I agree - having the land that I do will make it great in future years to do left, center and right displays. It just means I have to buy more stuff and I am OK with that.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2016, 12:07 PM
I hear ya. My big issue is I don't know when to stop... I have a guy that comes around and sells the "good stuff" and it seems like I'm writing a check every time I see him. Minnesota legal sucks.

I agree - having the land that I do will make it great in future years to do left, center and right displays. It just means I have to buy more stuff and I am OK with that.

Do you have your ATF54 yet? Or are you looking into getting it?

Dustin
07-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Do you have your ATF54 yet? Or are you looking into getting it?

I do not. I will, eventually...

chriskrc
07-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are looking to further yourself in the hobby. This is a great place to do that.