PDA

View Full Version : Backyard 2nd guessing

nayslayer
06-29-2016, 09:34 PM
So I have a small display setup on one board. Cakes are already glued. I have 3 racks I haven't setup yet, was going to fast fuse one, slow fuse the other two. Two racks were going to be finally, one slow, then go to the fast. My initial plan was to have the first rack go with two of my cakes that I thought could use a little help. Neon blast and Rio. They are in the middle of the show. Should I just have all the racks at the end, or is this a decent plan? I start off with a rocket rack, fountains and 3 96 pearls fused together. Then to

Red white and blue salute
Home run/fat lady
Neon blast
Rio
Homer run x2
High falutin
Racks and bandoilier.

djsmurf
06-29-2016, 10:46 PM
I don't know Rio, however Neon Blast has some killer color for what it is. Will your racks be cans or shells? Either way they will give you more depth with height. If you looking to make the show a little longer save the shells until later. Plan looks solid either way.

nayslayer
06-29-2016, 10:57 PM
I Ave bother, cans and shells. Only a few shells, was going to mix them in the finalle.thanks for input

Rick_In_Tampa
06-29-2016, 11:33 PM
I Ave bother, cans and shells. Only a few shells, was going to mix them in the finalle.thanks for input

I like the idea of building up to a final "BIG BANG" so to speak. So I saved all the big mortar racks until the end of the show. I have 4 crates of 25 and a 36 shot rack at the end. The 25 shot crates start with single break shells that fire 2 seconds apart in crate 1, then double break shells in crate 2, triple break in crate three, and triples and quads in crate 4. The 36 shot rack has 12 Electric Rain cans in the center, and quad shells in the outer 24 tubes. It's fused with 1/4 sec fuse so all 36 shells should go up pretty much at the same time, and fill the sky with 108 total breaks. That's the plan at least.

nayslayer
06-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Ok, so I think I'll save all racks for the end, sounds like plan

djsmurf
06-29-2016, 11:53 PM
No problem, the early shells could "fake finale" the show and make it more interesting. However then not enough at the end might be a dud. I assume your fusing the entire show? Just don't over think it, in the backyard world if it goes boom it's a good time. Hope you have a fun and safe show.

nayslayer
06-30-2016, 12:12 AM
All fuse this year, perfect, fast and visco

chriskrc
06-30-2016, 06:56 AM
Sounds like a great set up, run with it and see what you think but like stated before don't overthink it too much. Have fun and be safe.

nayslayer
06-30-2016, 08:14 AM
Thanks guys, my son can't wait. Neither can i for that matter.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2016, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys, my son can't wait. Neither can i for that matter.

Lol... My wife is convinced that I've gone so far over the top that this is the year I'm finally going to get arrested!! Doesn't matter. Like you, I can't wait to get this stuff into the air!!

Have a great (and safe!!) shoot!

Pyropug
06-30-2016, 11:30 AM
Lol... My wife is convinced that I've gone so far over the top that this is the year I'm finally going to get arrested!! Doesn't matter. Like you, I can't wait to get this stuff into the air!!

Have a great (and safe!!) shoot!

I have a permit, awesome sense of security

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2016, 11:35 AM
I have a permit, awesome sense of security

I need a 54 and $1M of insurance before I can get a permit in my county. So I'm going to have to keep my shooting under the radar for now.

If you don't mind my asking... Were you required to get insurance before they issued you the permit? If so, mind if I ask how much the policy was written for and what it cost you?

Pyropug
06-30-2016, 11:43 AM
No insurance needed, however I'm in rural farm country, which makes it much easier to get. Permits here in WI are issued by the local jurisdiction i.e. Town/ township not county. Permit is free as well :)

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2016, 11:54 AM
No insurance needed, however I'm in rural farm country, which makes it much easier to get. Permits here in WI are issued by the local jurisdiction i.e. Town/ township not county. Permit is free as well :)

Wow... That's a sweet deal. I can afford free!! I got a reply from the insurance company already. The $1M policy will run me $1800!!

Now I see why people just cross their fingers and hope for the best.

I think I'm going to approach my HOA and ask them if they'd be willing to sponsor the shoot for next year. If they pick up the tab for the fireworks and I pick up the tab for the insurance and permit fee, I'd still be getting off cheaper than what I paid out this year for for the fireworks.

It's worth a shot anyway....

Pyropug
06-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Yes, that is a great option if they agree.

50/50 raffles are a great way fund a display, that's an option for you as well. I seen a lot of communities fund there display with 50/50 raffles. I seen small towns of less then 1000 population raise $15,000.00 with raffles