PDA

View Full Version : Spacing 500G cakes on boards - a couple questions

MontanaMike
06-29-2016, 01:00 PM
My buddy and I have been doing our neighborhood show for a long time, but this is only our 2nd year using the Cobra system, and first year doing a "whole lot" of fireworks due to a wholesale buy. (Thanks, wfboom.com!) So I'm sort of a newbie but sort of experienced at the same time.

This is also the first year we are using 2x8 boards to fire the cakes from. In the past we've always just set the cakes on the ground, and removed the paper from the tops of the cakes to cut down on post-show litter. With the boards, the cakes are much closer together than before. Is it still OK to take the paper off?

And, is there any recommended distance between neighboring cakes of different sizes?

Just hoping for everything to go smoothly and prevent cross-fires, of course.

Bazerk
06-29-2016, 01:21 PM
My buddy and I have been doing our neighborhood show for a long time, but this is only our 2nd year using the Cobra system, and first year doing a "whole lot" of fireworks due to a wholesale buy. (Thanks, wfboom.com!) So I'm sort of a newbie but sort of experienced at the same time.

This is also the first year we are using 2x8 boards to fire the cakes from. In the past we've always just set the cakes on the ground, and removed the paper from the tops of the cakes to cut down on post-show litter. With the boards, the cakes are much closer together than before. Is it still OK to take the paper off?

And, is there any recommended distance between neighboring cakes of different sizes?

You can put them pretty tight together without an issue. Hell, mine have about a .25in between them. The only thing you have to look out for is angled cakes. Make sure they have clearance so not to hit the neighboring cake. Have fun!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2016, 12:02 AM

You can butt them right up against one another provided (as Bazerk rightfully points out) you leave enough room for the fan cakes to clear the top of the cake next to it.

Here's what I have going on this year on the same 2' x 8' boards.
1160 1161

PyroManiacs
06-30-2016, 12:26 AM
Here's what I have going on this year on the same 2' x 8' boards.
1160 1161

Looking good there!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2016, 01:32 AM
Looking good there!

Thank you Sir!

MontanaMike
06-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Happy 4th!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2016, 12:25 AM
Same to you Mike!! Have a safe shoot!!