PDA

View Full Version : New member from Maryland

Brad
06-29-2016, 04:59 AM
I'm a new member from Maryland. I have been shooting 1.4's for around 10 years now and looking to start the process of getting my Type-54. Any body have any advise for getting a type 54 in Maryland? I'm thinking its going to be tuff to get in M.D Also can someone point me in the direction to get a ATF Type-54 kit from displayfireworks1? I appreciate any and all help!

displayfireworks1
06-29-2016, 07:47 AM
It is located under the Online Shopping section of pyrotalk
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

PyroManiacs
06-29-2016, 08:19 AM
Hey Brad, Welcome to PyroTalk!

Brad
06-29-2016, 08:30 AM
One other question I have , is it reccomend to join a club to get some shoot time/experience in before I apply? I plan on joining the crackerjack club regardless.

displayfireworks1
06-29-2016, 08:51 AM
No, its recommend you give me your money first. LOL
This sounds like one of those multiple question emails I get sometimes and they never buy the ATF package. What everyone needs to know is, when you join a fireworks club, its not like as soon as you pull in there are three people there waiting to talk to you and have a fireworks 101 class. You should sign up with a professional company and start out as labor and watch how shows are set up, you will learn more that way. If you watch my videos you can see how all of this is done. My experience has been most people that join fireworks clubs already know something. And that includes the PGI.

Brad
06-29-2016, 09:48 AM
I just purchased the ATF package. I didn't know if there is certain steps that should be made before applying for the type 54 to help me get it.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-29-2016, 10:41 AM
I just purchased the ATF package. I didn't know if there is certain steps that should be made before applying for the type 54 to help me get it.

Welcome aboard Brad. A friend and I joined a pyro guild here in Florida. We're going to take part in the setup and shoot next month for a children's camp. At the last meeting we helped make some of the affects that will go in the shells that will be used. As one of the members put it, this guild (club) is pyro college! This is where you're going to learn which chemicals you use to make shells. This is where you're going to learn how to actually put the shells together. More importantly, this is where you're going to learn how to professionally and safely set up and shoot a show. No piece of paper from the ATF is going to give you that.

So my advice to you would be to join the club and get involved. The ATF isn't going to care one way or another. It's not going to help you get your 54, but it's certainly not going to hurt you either.

Brad
06-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Thanks for your input guys! I ordered the ATF package displayfireworks1 sells so I will start that when it comes in. Also I will search around for a company in my area and see if I can help them out at their next shoot.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-29-2016, 09:03 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Brad. Have you talked to anyone about joining the CrackerJacks? If not send me a PM & I will get you some info. We will be having a VERY BIG EVENT in VA around Oct 13 & 14th date not locked in yet--might be a week before. It is the 45th Anniversary of the club co they will be pulling all the stops out! I can't say on the open forum some of the things that will be going on, but it will be epic!!!
Also, a trip to Little Big Shots in September. They are just across the MD border in Addison PA.

djsmurf
06-29-2016, 10:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Brad.

jknepp1954
06-29-2016, 10:56 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Brad. Have you talked to anyone about joining the CrackerJacks? If not send me a PM & I will get you some info. We will be having a VERY BIG EVENT in VA around Oct 13 & 14th date not locked in yet--might be a week before. It is the 45th Anniversary of the club co they will be pulling all the stops out! I can't say on the open forum some of the things that will be going on, but it will be epic!!!
Also, a trip to Little Big Shots in September. They are just across the MD border in Addison PA.
Ditto what Joe Said - join the Cracker Jacks.
Also the NLPC (Northern Lighters Pyrotechnic Club) has an annual event in April of each year called MAFF. It had been in an area south of Waldorf, Md.
Or don't know what part of MD you are from - but we have a few MD members who belong to the Pa Pyro ARtists. No club shoots in Md - or at least not yet - but plenty of opportunity thru out the year in various part of PA.