PDA

View Full Version : New to Repeaters. Critique my Stash

theundecidedt
06-28-2016, 10:56 PM
Hey guys. I am not new to setting off fireworks but I am trying to make this year a little bit better than all of the last.

Prior years consisted of shooting off single re-loadable mortars, or possibly twisting the fuses on 2 or 3 at a time.

I am going to phantom fireworks tomorrow and so far I am planning on getting the following. I would love to hear some opinions on these or maybe some better options.

My budget is 160-200 and I have a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free on anything in the store.

2x Silver Sonic Warheads
1x Powercell, 25 shot
1x Phantasm II
2x Red, White, and Boom, 16 shot
2x Emerald City, 16 shot
1x Strobe Spectacular, 20 shot
1x Phantom X-7 Airburst Rounds

Thanks in advance for any input.

displayfireworks1
06-28-2016, 11:11 PM
I am not sure how many fireworks products you will be able to get on that budget. I have two tours of Phantom Fireworks posted, one I recently did. Have you seen them?

theundecidedt
06-28-2016, 11:24 PM
I am not sure how many fireworks products you will be able to get on that budget. I have two tours of Phantom Fireworks posted, one I recently did. Have you seen them?

I have not. I will go look them up now. That list that I posted comes up to just over 170 after the buy 1 get 1 coupon is put on.

the main reson I chose phantom is they are really the only store I have heard about setting up anywhere near us that has the big stuff. IO'm not against driving over the alabama line if you know of a better option there though.

Crab107
06-29-2016, 01:53 AM
I have not. I will go look them up now. That list that I posted comes up to just over 170 after the buy 1 get 1 coupon is put on.

the main reson I chose phantom is they are really the only store I have heard about setting up anywhere near us that has the big stuff. IO'm not against driving over the alabama line if you know of a better option there though.

We have a phantom up this way in gwinnett..has the same buy one get one. Ive been to 3 other stores in the area and was not impressed at all! If you have a few bucks left grab the exterminator mortar kit. I just blew one off a little while ago. Huge thump and a nice full break!! I was impressed!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-29-2016, 04:10 AM
Hey guys. I am not new to setting off fireworks but I am trying to make this year a little bit better than all of the last.

Prior years consisted of shooting off single re-loadable mortars, or possibly twisting the fuses on 2 or 3 at a time.

I am going to phantom fireworks tomorrow and so far I am planning on getting the following. I would love to hear some opinions on these or maybe some better options.

My budget is 160-200 and I have a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free on anything in the store.

2x Silver Sonic Warheads
1x Powercell, 25 shot
1x Phantasm II
2x Red, White, and Boom, 16 shot
2x Emerald City, 16 shot
1x Strobe Spectacular, 20 shot
1x Phantom X-7 Airburst Rounds

Thanks in advance for any input.

I'll be honest, with your budget, I'd probably stick with 200G cakes. There are some really nice 200G cakes out there and you can get a nice assortment for your budget. I picked up a case of "Booms Day" 200G cakes this year for about $54 after the 40% discount. There are 24 cakes per case! If you can scrape up $200 you can have close to 100 cakes (or more!) if you shop right.

fireworkfan
06-29-2016, 07:48 AM
I'll be honest, with your budget, I'd probably stick with 200G cakes. There are some really nice 200G cakes out there and you can get a nice assortment for your budget. I picked up a case of "Booms Day" 200G cakes this year for about $54 after the 40% discount. There are 24 cakes per case! If you can scrape up $200 you can have close to 100 cakes (or more!) if you shop right.

i agree with the 200g cakes idea,lots of value in those.

nayslayer
06-29-2016, 08:03 AM
What area do you live in?

apellet
06-29-2016, 12:57 PM
I also agree with the 200g cakes, that'll help you stretch your money a little further. And, if at all possible, stay away from Phantom! They're often overpriced and gimmicky and you can find better deals online. Intergalactic will ship free if you spend at least $500 retail.

cmalloy513
06-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Stay away from phantom!

Npntransistor
06-29-2016, 06:09 PM
When my 4th funds are low 200g cakes are the way 2 go. A case of 200g cakes from wfboom and some festival balls really do make for a fun 4th

Crab107
06-29-2016, 06:56 PM
Get some extra fuse buddy..itll be better than trying to twist fuses together

BLACKOMI
07-01-2016, 02:09 PM
When my 4th funds are low 200g cakes are the way 2 go. A case of 200g cakes from wfboom and some festival balls really do make for a fun 4th

I dont know about festival balls but 200g are the way to go

theundecidedt
07-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Well thanks guys for all of your help./ I went out of town shortly after posting this to our lakehouse where we have hardly any internet service so I haven't had time to update. I went ahead and went to phantom because my little siblings wanted to go there and I was outvoted sop I made due with what I could. I pretty much stuck to 200g cakes with 2 500g cakes and a free 500g cake just to see what they were like. This is what I ended up getting for the 170 (plus 80 for my siblings to get the small stuff they wanted like roman candles and stuff) 1185

For being really last minute it turned out to be a decent selection. come new years i will prepare better and order from somewhere online to get better prices. I will also stick with 200g cakes because my budget will probably not be to much bigger than it was this year for the 4th.

Thanks again to everyone who commented and I look forward to learning as much as I can for the future.

theundecidedt
07-05-2016, 02:56 PM
What area do you live in?

I'm in Newnan. It's about 30-45 minutes south of ATL straight down I-85.

Man If I had known that in advance it would have changed things.

Get some extra fuse buddy..itll be better than trying to twist fuses together

I was sure to get some extra fuse. I always get a pack or 2 just to have for projects and stuff.

ilovecrackle
07-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Nice stash you got there.

Like many have stated already, 200 grams are great especially if your on a tighter budget.
Me, I am a 200 gram guy. I love 200 grams. They suite my needs perfectly when it comes to price VS performance. There are a lot of great 25 shot 200 grams out there and this is what i tend to buy.

theundecidedt
07-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Nice stash you got there.

Like many have stated already, 200 grams are great especially if your on a tighter budget.
Me, I am a 200 gram guy. I love 200 grams. They suite my needs perfectly when it comes to price VS performance. There are a lot of great 25 shot 200 grams out there and this is what i tend to buy.

It's time to start saving for New Years. I plan on having 3-400 for cakes on new years and probably going to try to stick to the 200g cakes. I'll be looking around here for now trying to figure out the best places to buy from and which cakes to buy. I would hate to buy a case and when I go to light them off they suck.