PDA

View Full Version : ******vancouver washington bans fireworks *********

CafreakinBOOM
06-28-2016, 01:11 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2016/06/vancouver_firework_stands_to_g.html

Vancouver firework stands to go out of business after Independence Day

Gene Marlow is expecting the people of Vancouver to go out with a bang for this year's Fourth of July.

:mad::(Last year, the Vancouver City Council voted to ban the use of personal fireworks within city limits, forcing iconic stands to close for good beginning October 2016. And Oregonians who "get the good stuff" from Washington, according to Marlow, will now have to look past Vancouver for fireworks.

The new law's opponents said the loss of fireworks will diminish the holiday spirit and hurt local groups who use the sales as fundraisers.:(:mad:

"""THIS IS WHY WE ARE GOING OUT WITH A BAN.*****BOOOOOM""""

PLEASE COMMENT AND ENJOY THIS INDEPENDENCE DAY

:rolleyes: " I ACTUALLY CRIED "

Rick_In_Tampa
06-29-2016, 12:46 AM
The fun police strike again.

Crab107
06-29-2016, 01:04 AM
Ole buddy of mine always said.."i cant have a damn thing"...man thats awful. I hope it lasts here in Ga. Judging by what ive seen in the ER it may not last..lol..i guess the learning curve is to steep for some. Its a simple concept..light the fuse and get back, dont stand over the mortar tube and watch the fuse burn...yeah that really happened.

I just dont understand why all it takes is a few idiots to ruin it for the rest of us. Fireworks dont cause injuries. Thats like saying guns kill people. Its the idiot that lacks a sense of good judgemnet and the basic common sense thats behind the gun or lighting a fuse.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-29-2016, 04:14 AM
Ole buddy of mine always said.."i cant have a damn thing"...man thats awful. I hope it lasts here in Ga. Judging by what ive seen in the ER it may not last..lol..i guess the learning curve is to steep for some. Its a simple concept..light the fuse and get back, dont stand over the mortar tube and watch the fuse burn...yeah that really happened.

I just dont understand why all it takes is a few idiots to ruin it for the rest of us. Fireworks dont cause injuries. Thats like saying guns kill people. Its the idiot that lacks a sense of good judgemnet and the basic common sense thats behind the gun or lighting a fuse.

Or as George Carlin used to call it, "passive eugenics." For the record, I'm all for it!

fireworkfan
06-29-2016, 07:35 AM

its like they say common sense isn't so common.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-29-2016, 10:51 AM
241 fires and EXACTLY the same number of injuries?? Speaking of fires, I think someone's cooking the numbers there.

Crab107
06-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Or as George Carlin used to call it, "passive eugenics." For the record, I'm all for it!

That man was one of the funniest comedians ever..."passive eugenics"...that is hilarious!!! And should be allowed

Rick_In_Tampa
06-29-2016, 11:22 AM
That man was one of the funniest comedians ever..."passive eugenics"...that is hilarious!!! And should be allowed

Lol... Amen to all of that sister!!

apellet
06-29-2016, 12:44 PM
So sad. As usual, a few bad apples spoils the bunch :/

mjbland05
06-29-2016, 03:25 PM
i just want to know what fireworks stand sells the fireworks in that first picture! :eek::o