PDA

View Full Version : Firework Clubs

dcfi20
06-27-2016, 08:31 AM
Good morning All
Dose anyone know of a club that I can join that provides insurance for displays in the United States? thanks

displayfireworks1
06-27-2016, 09:25 AM
When you make a post like this as your first post post. It has to be all inclusive. We know nothing from this as far as type of fireworks, your experience, are you licensed etc. Well anyway, first check where you purchased the fireworks. You don't buy fireworks insurance like car insurance. Insurance issues are very complex and expensive. For example I know a person that just obtained insurance at $600.00 for a single 1.4 Consumer Fireworks display. He purchased the fireworks and insurance from the distributor and had to send in his resume' before they issued the insurance certificate. Do you have a fireworks resume' of your experience?

jknepp1954
06-27-2016, 07:43 PM
NOT a club but if you are shooting displays coast to coast....buy your own pyrotechnics insurance. There are roughly 5 or 6 company that has Pyro insurance.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2016, 10:05 AM
When you make a post like this as your first post post. It has to be all inclusive. We know nothing from this as far as type of fireworks, your experience, are you licensed etc. Well anyway, first check where you purchased the fireworks. You don't buy fireworks insurance like car insurance. Insurance issues are very complex and expensive. For example I know a person that just obtained insurance at $600.00 for a single 1.4 Consumer Fireworks display. He purchased the fireworks and insurance from the distributor and had to send in his resume' before they issued the insurance certificate. Do you have a fireworks resume' of your experience?

Just read where Hillsborough County Florida (where I live) wants $100 for a permit fee for EACH DAY you plan to shoot; and an insurance policy for $1M!! Per the county website - "Hillsborough County, a political subdivision of the State of Florida must be listed as Additional Insured and as the Certificate Holder."

Is this typical elsewhere around the country? I have no idea what $1M of insurance runs, but I'm sure it's not cheap. The website also says "Zero Fall Out Is Allowed." What does that even mean?! What kind of pyrotechnic device can shoot something into the air, have it explode, and NOT have some kind of fallout??

http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/index.aspx?NID=654

PyroJoeNEPA
06-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Just read where Hillsborough County Florida (where I live) wants $100 for a permit fee for EACH DAY you plan to shoot; and an insurance policy for $1M!! Per the county website - "Hillsborough County, a political subdivision of the State of Florida must be listed as Additional Insured and as the Certificate Holder."

Is this typical elsewhere around the country? I have no idea what $1M of insurance runs, but I'm sure it's not cheap. The website also says "Zero Fall Out Is Allowed." What does that even mean?! What kind of pyrotechnic device can shoot something into the air, have it explode, and NOT have some kind of fallout??

http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/index.aspx?NID=654

Wow Rick--that "no fallout" clause is totally ridiculous! As much as I love Florida & would like to live there to get away from the cold PA winters---I think I appreciate PA even more now!!!
The "nanny state" mentality of "protecting us from ourselves" keeps getting worse & worse!!

matandch
06-30-2016, 03:21 PM
But Joe, they carry full class C in the fireworks tents down here in Florida this time of year. Pa can't beat that!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-30-2016, 08:47 PM
But Joe, they carry full class C in the fireworks tents down here in Florida this time of year. Pa can't beat that!
John--- I just got done inventorying my class C stash to see what I will use in my pyro musical this year along with the 1.3g stuff. [I'm doing my show on the 23rd because of all the 1.3 shows we are doing]. I have a list almost three pages long of product & I didn't buy one item from a tent! You & I both know we have awesome vendors here in PA & the club shoots are a great place to "accumulate stuff"!
Hope you are well in that beautiful Florida weather!

Dion
07-05-2016, 01:57 PM
I myself have been looking at houses and property in SC. Where I plan on moving to in the next few years I wont have to worry again when and were I can shoot!!