PDA

View Full Version : Best Bang for the Buck?

G4Designs
06-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Hey guys! This is my first post and I'm so sorry if this is in the wrong location.

I'm looking for the store (online or physical) with the best prices within decent driving distance of OTP North Atlanta Georgia.

Also, when is the best time? Before or after 4th of July? I'm having a party the week after and want pretty much everything consumer.

I believe the laws in GA allow pretty much the same stuff now, but I have no objections to going back to old ways (what we did before the laws changed).

Thank you so much!

Crab107
06-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Ive been to 3 shops in gwinnett my friend. All had the same prices for motars etc..usually 75 to 80 for a box of 24. Phatom fireworks off pleasant hill seemed to have the best selection as far as motars in my opininon. They are gimmicky though..box of 24 motars is 150 but everything is buy one get one so it works out to 75 per 24..etc..500g cakes are 10p..spend over 200 and they will throw in a 500g cake

G4Designs
06-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Any idea for out of state? Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina?

I wonder what the laws are for online orders.

Crab107
06-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Sorry guys..double post

Crab107
06-25-2016, 10:02 PM
Im pretty sure SC runs about the same +/- 5 to 10 bucks. Ive looked at online..ordered some fast fuse from Indiana but thats it. You may get a better deal for the fireworks but youll make that up in shipping costs. Some of these guys on here order wholesale by the pallet..lol. I only wish i could damnit.

Wholesale Fireworks
06-25-2016, 10:05 PM
G4...If your show is after the 4th you have time to place an order on line with us and have them shipped. If you can get an order in tomorrow we can ship Monday and you will still have them for the 4th
Check us out www.wfboom.com

G4Designs
06-25-2016, 10:13 PM
Hey Ray!
Do you havs any deals for after the Fourth? I'm sure you'll have clearance for what doesn't sell. It's less of a show and more of a bunch of friends and I wanting to shoot some fireworks off for an hour or so. Some big stuff, of course, but really whatever is the cheapest for the price (Roman Candles, Bottle Rockets, Aerial Missiles).

Do you have any pre-picked combo packs?

Crab107
06-25-2016, 10:19 PM
Did it again..sorry guys. Havin issues with this stupid phone

G4Designs
06-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Crab, I'm not seeing your original post. Just the one about the double.

As a side note, this is what I'm looking for:
Last year I went to some place at Myrtle Beach and got an assorted combo pack for $120 that lasted about an hour with 15 people constantly shooting them off.
http://i.imgur.com/CSwvrS0h.jpg

It doesn't have to be an assorted pack (I'm sure that's not the most value), but it was the best for my price range. This year I'm looking to spend maybe $200.

Wholesale Fireworks
06-25-2016, 10:49 PM
G4 We are open all year so we do not have to get rid of any inventory like temporary locations do. If you look at our price list http://wfboom.com/forms/2016PriceList.pdf you will see that our Tier 5 discount structure lowers the minimums you need to spend to get higher discounts. We do carry assortments but do not have any pre picked combos. Keep in mind when placing a shipping order we only ship full case quantities.
feel free to contact me directly at rh@wfboom.com

Crab107
06-25-2016, 11:43 PM
Crab, I'm not seeing your original post. Just the one about the double.

As a side note, this is what I'm looking for:
Last year I went to some place at Myrtle Beach and got an assorted combo pack for $120 that lasted about an hour with 15 people constantly shooting them off.
http://i.imgur.com/CSwvrS0h.jpg

It doesn't have to be an assorted pack (I'm sure that's not the most value), but it was the best for my price range. This year I'm looking to spend maybe $200.

Agh screw it..lol..looks like wholesale has you all fixed up. Was just saying that most all places here in North Atl run about the same..as well as SC, not sure about tennessee or bama. If you dont have enough time to order phantom on pleasant hill seemed to have the best selection and deals..just my opinion only

Rick_In_Tampa
06-27-2016, 03:06 AM
Hey guys! This is my first post and I'm so sorry if this is in the wrong location.

I'm looking for the store (online or physical) with the best prices within decent driving distance of OTP North Atlanta Georgia.

Also, when is the best time? Before or after 4th of July? I'm having a party the week after and want pretty much everything consumer.

I believe the laws in GA allow pretty much the same stuff now, but I have no objections to going back to old ways (what we did before the laws changed).

Thank you so much!

I'd never buy from a retail store or side of the road tent location. I just stopped at a tent 2 blocks from my house to get sparklers for the kids. I did some looking around at the rest of their offerings. Unreal how overpriced their stuff is. For example, they were selling Excal's (24 count) for $99.99. I can get those online all day long for $65! Even with shipping it's cheaper to get them online.

So my advice is to buy them from WF Boom. Buy early and take advantage of the early bird discounts they offer.

G4Designs
06-27-2016, 08:26 AM
Has anyone on the forum made a list of the best value items to buy?

That would be a pretty awesome contribution: pre-made list of things to buy in different price ranges for different kinds of events.

fireworkfan
06-27-2016, 09:25 AM
I'd never buy from a retail store or side of the road tent location. I just stopped at a tent 2 blocks from my house to get sparklers for the kids. I did some looking around at the rest of their offerings. Unreal how overpriced their stuff is. For example, they were selling Excal's (24 count) for $99.99. I can get those online all day long for $65! Even with shipping it's cheaper to get them online.

So my advice is to buy them from WF Boom. Buy early and take advantage of the early bird discounts they offer.

yeah those tents and pop up stands get crazy for sure,seen places where can shells were pushing $120 a box at one time with no bogo talk about a sticker shock.

Cerus
06-27-2016, 10:23 AM

Wow that's crazy. My xcals were only $49 a piece retail. $99 is a total rip off.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Has anyone on the forum made a list of the best value items to buy?

That would be a pretty awesome contribution: pre-made list of things to buy in different price ranges for different kinds of events.

Considering the plethora of options available in each and every category; not to mention various manufacturers; I would say coming up with such a list would be a VERY daunting task bordering on the impossible. Then there's the matter of taste. Things that make me go "wow" and "oh!" might make you go "eh.." Taste is subjective.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-27-2016, 10:32 AM
yeah those tents and pop up stands get crazy for sure,seen places where can shells were pushing $120 a box at one time with no bogo talk about a sticker shock.

Yeah he had a box of "Contraband" 24 count for $120. Told me they were on sale. lol... I didn't tell him what he could do with them, but needless to say he still owns them.

G4Designs
06-27-2016, 11:06 AM
Considering the plethora of options available in each and every category; not to mention various manufacturers; I would say coming up with such a list would be a VERY daunting task bordering on the impossible. Then there's the matter of taste. Things that make me go "wow" and "oh!" might make you go "eh.." Taste is subjective.

You're right, but there could definitely be an easier way.

I'm beyond clueless when I walk into a shop. I have nothing to compare prices to, not to mention every other place repackages their stuff.

Someone needs to start a no-bullshit way of shopping for fireworks.

I want a website which helps me put my cart together with the best prices. My best way to describe it is PCPartPicker's method. Unbiased. Just for the benefit of the consumer.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-27-2016, 11:42 AM
You're right, but there could definitely be an easier way.

I'm beyond clueless when I walk into a shop. I have nothing to compare prices to, not to mention every other place repackages their stuff.

Someone needs to start a no-bullshit way of shopping for fireworks.

I want a website which helps me put my cart together with the best prices. My best way to describe it is PCPartPicker's method. Unbiased. Just for the benefit of the consumer.

Well Sir, might I suggest "build it and they will come!"?

Seriously...For me, pouring over hours and hours of videos is actually part of the "fun." If I walk into a brick and mortar store, I have no idea what the cake looks like in the air. And I'd have no idea how long it burns. So online videos are a must for me.

Having said that... I think the Spirit of 76 app is the closest thing you're going to find to satisfy your wish. It doesn't have all the manufacturers so you'll be missing a lot of other "stuff", but it's a good head start to see what's out there. WF Boom has a video online for nearly every cake they sell (as best I can tell anyway). With the 40% discount they offer, it's really hard to go anywhere else.

If you want to shop around you might want to consider putting together an Excel spreadsheet that tallies everything. Then you can compare different vendors pricing on the same cake (for example) and see which offers the best deal when it's all said and done.

For what it's worth, I'll send you the spreadsheet in a PM (because I can't find a way to attach it here!) I use to track what I buy, what it costs, and what I save with the discount. Maybe you can tweak it to include multiple vendors. If enough people pitch in and "tweak" maybe we'll wind up with something everyone can benefit from!

G4Designs
06-27-2016, 03:32 PM
If you want to shop around you might want to consider putting together an Excel spreadsheet that tallies everything. Then you can compare different vendors pricing on the same cake (for example) and see which offers the best deal when it's all said and done.

For what it's worth, I'll send you the spreadsheet in a PM (because I can't find a way to attach it here!) I use to track what I buy, what it costs, and what I save with the discount. Maybe you can tweak it to include multiple vendors. If enough people pitch in and "tweak" maybe we'll wind up with something everyone can benefit from!

I'm on it!

I'll see if I can get it to draw live datatables from the websites. I'll keep everyone updated here.

G4Designs
06-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Everyone, feel free to post websites for me to include.

Don't worry about seeming like a sponsor--I think we already know who has the best prices. ;)

apellet
06-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Rick is exactly right! The starting point should always be watching videos. That not only gives you ideas on duration, effects, etc. but allows you to find the most appealing to you. Start compiling a list, and then google the names to get an idea on prices, and go from there. Obviously, wholesale is going to save you the most money, but you can get some great deals retail too! There are a lot of 'favorites' mentioned around the boards here, but a handful that comes to mind immediately are: Gorilla Warfare, Vegas Lights, Glitter and Doom, Buzzards Roost, Hi-Falutin, Blonde Joke, Rebellion, Patriotic Dominance, Midnight Sunburn, Excelsior, Spicy Hot, Super Stunt, Wind Up, Notorious, and pretty much anything by Sky Bacon :)

G4Designs
06-29-2016, 11:37 PM
Rick is exactly right! The starting point should always be watching videos. That not only gives you ideas on duration, effects, etc. but allows you to find the most appealing to you. Start compiling a list, and then google the names to get an idea on prices, and go from there. Obviously, wholesale is going to save you the most money, but you can get some great deals retail too! There are a lot of 'favorites' mentioned around the boards here, but a handful that comes to mind immediately are: Gorilla Warfare, Vegas Lights, Glitter and Doom, Buzzards Roost, Hi-Falutin, Blonde Joke, Rebellion, Patriotic Dominance, Midnight Sunburn, Excelsior, Spicy Hot, Super Stunt, Wind Up, Notorious, and pretty much anything by Sky Bacon :)

Thanks!
I really didnt realize just how valuable the videos were as a tool, but now I have bags under my eyes from watching so many of them.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-29-2016, 11:43 PM
Thanks!
I really didnt realize just how valuable the videos were as a tool, but now I have bags under my eyes from watching so many of them.

Lol... Welcome to the world of pyro!

G4Designs
06-29-2016, 11:44 PM
As an update on the spreadsheet I'm making:

I used datamining software to collect the prices from American Wholesale, Fireworks.us (Warehouse A, B, and C), and used the WFBoom price sheets. I then used the Excel Fuzzy Lookup to find near matches in names (no consistent naming, of course). Finally, I am working on referencing the list of matching names to the price index I created. This should show how each site's prices compare.

My only regret is not using live data (which I couldn't find a working way).

This is a hell of a lot more work, but a much lower margin of error compared to my previous idea of sorting by category and averaging for each site (which would roughly show who has the best deal per category).

There's a few other sites on my list, but they weren't easy to pull the pricing data from. If you guys want to send me price lists from anywhere else to add to the list, it would make it much easier!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-29-2016, 11:54 PM

I used datamining software to collect the prices from American Wholesale, Fireworks.us (Warehouse A, B, and C), and used the WFBoom price sheets. I then used the Excel Fuzzy Lookup to find near matches in names (no consistent naming, of course). Finally, I am working on referencing the list of matching names to the price index I created. This should show how each site's prices compare.

This is a hell of a lot more work, but a much lower margin of error compared to my previous idea of sorting by category and averaging for each site (which would roughly show who has the best deal per category).

There's a few other sites on my list, but they weren't easy to pull the pricing data from. If you guys want to send me price lists from anywhere else to add to the list, it would make it much easier!

Awesome work G4!! Quick question. Is there going to be a way to factor in the early bird discounts?

There's a place here in the Tampa area some folks have recommended. I'll try and get their price list and shoot it to you in the next few days.

G4Designs
06-30-2016, 05:08 AM
Awesome work G4!! Quick question. Is there going to be a way to factor in the early bird discounts?

There's a place here in the Tampa area some folks have recommended. I'll try and get their price list and shoot it to you in the next few days.
Thanks!

Actually, yes! It's as easy as taking a % of the original price.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2016, 05:31 AM
Thanks!

Actually, yes! It's as easy as taking a % of the original price.

Most awesome! Looking forward to Rev 1.0.

I usually order from Patriotic Fireworks in Ohio, but I think their price list is exactly the same as WF Boom's since they are sister companies. I can check on that if you haven't already. Let me know.

BLACKOMI
07-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Poor Pauls delivers for a 300.00 minimum and are located in spartanburg SC, you can try them out. I've been there now the past two years and there prices are amazing and you can check their prices online just google them. However, Its been my experiance that shopping in person and building a relationship gets you better pricing and freebies. Also shopping before the busy season, on demo days expecially if they have one, is the way to go for retail or wholesale and ensures everything in stock still.

apellet
07-01-2016, 03:16 PM

You're a monster! haha. Glad you are having fun with it. Don't forget to check out Eddie at Nite Lights in KY. If you email ewpyron16009@yahoo.com, he'll shoot you a price list.