PDA

View Full Version : Question

Bobby821
06-25-2016, 08:40 PM
If I remove 1.4G UN 0336 artillery shells from there original retail box like Excalibur's and then put them in a smaller plastic box to transport to a backyard show I am doing do I need to print 1.4G explosive labels and the UN0336 code and place them on the containers containing the individual shells as well as the main plastic tote I will be transporting them in? I live in Oklahoma and will not be leaving the state but traveling on a US Interstate and will have 2 plastic totes containing the consumer fireworks in the bed of my truck. I think I read somewhere that if you remove the fireworks from there original retail packaging that these numbers need to be on the new containers. Does anyone know ?

Thanks,
Bobby

PyroJoeNEPA
06-25-2016, 09:10 PM
You are not "in commerce" so DOT rules don't apply. The "bulk shells vs shells in kits" has to do with retail sales. Companies can not sell "bulk shells" to consumers. There is a requirement that they be packed with tubes.
Perhaps Joyce from Kneppys can chime in on this one.
From what I know once you buy your shells you can put them in any container you want to transport them.
As a side note---Excalibers are brought into the USA by Jakes [I believe] as bulk shells, then they are packaged with the tubes in "kits" here in the USA. There is a video on YouTube that shows he cartons in China marked "Excaliber shell--for export" and a video of the people here in the USA packaging them.