PDA

View Full Version : New from....well lets say the midwest lol

dieselpyro88
06-24-2016, 11:04 AM
HI,
Joined to learn more and improve my shows. This is the 3rd year have held a show at my local sportsmans club and each year has grown bigger then the last.The first year was about 30 cakes and 60 shells to this year of 60 cakes and 120 shells all hand fire. I have 3 racks, and lots of fuse lol. When I'm not lighting fireworks I'm working on diesels and making power!

Dieselpyro88

PyroManiacs
06-24-2016, 05:37 PM
Welcome To PyroTalk!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-24-2016, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

ilovecrackle
06-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the forms

PapaBearPyro
06-24-2016, 08:08 PM
Welcome from Texas PBP

displayfireworks1
06-24-2016, 08:17 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk discussion forums. I added your state into your profile. Unless someone has a good reason not to list it , I prefer it displays. Do you use any fireworks firing systems on your fireworks display or just hand light everything? I am curious how you shoot all those cakes.

Npntransistor
06-24-2016, 09:34 PM
If you want people to display state perhaps make it a requirement when creating an account, not allowing them to post untill providing that info publicly or something of that nature. I can not however agree with sharing that information without them providing it.

Again, if you feel they need to share that they can take it or leave it. I think putting it out there on your own is bad mojo
Just my 2c

Westpapyro
06-25-2016, 02:24 AM
I wish it was required! I hate when there's no location.

displayfireworks1
06-25-2016, 08:32 AM
I probably said this before , I have the luxury of seeing other fireworks websites and periodicals fail over the years before I came into the picture. I am trying not make those same mistakes. I want some level of credibility when members post and network. I am also about promoting the ATF 1.3 fireworks license for hobbyist. You can openly enjoy all of this.
Totally anonymous members posting on fireworks forums are problems. I have a list of people that tried to make more than one account and post two different opinions. On that list are members who tried to pretend to be other people, even pretending to be people that owned other websites. There were members with accounts sending private hate messages, encouraging members to stop posting on pyrotalk and join other forums. The administrative function on this software allows me to see ip addresses, I can search ip address for more than one account, i can see if a members registered using a proxy server etc. Pyrotalk was attacked twice causing the site to shut down. I have a whole list of people that want pyrotalk to fail. Listing a state of origin is reasonable. Because I have this information does not mean I am doing anything with it other than protecting myself and giving the website some credibility. If someone has a good reason to be anonymous, they can tell me.
I want to make this clear, I do not think these anonymous members are the ATF , CPSC , FBI or any of that. All of my problems are from other fireworks people. That is who I need to protect from. Luckily it is very very small group.

dieselpyro88
06-28-2016, 03:16 PM
First I want to apologize about not posting my state. I am by no means out trying to catch people....I was just hesitant due to my state laws and the fact that this year my show will be done without a permit. Next year will be a different I plan to get a permit and my ATF.

As for my show I hand light everything with help from a couple trustworthy friends. All my cakes are placed on a 30 foot steel bottom equipment trailer. The order alternates from end to end so that my help is never on the same end as a firing cake. As for the mortars I have 3 racks of six hdpe tubes that I reload ( I some day hope to have enough to not have to reload) when I "clear" a rack I move on to the next which is about 10 foot away as I am lighting the other rack another helper reloads the empty rack.... and so on and so on until we are out of shells. I use shells for filler fireworks shooting 1-3 at a time as my help walks the trailer . the grand finale is al fused on a separate board when we are about to light the last cake on the trailer I walk over and light the finale. last years show was about 25 mins long. I have two other guys on fire watch with buckets and extinguishers.