PDA

View Full Version : Drones and fireworks.

Bazerk
06-23-2016, 03:57 PM
I will be pulling the trigger on a DJi Phantom 4 tomorrow as if I dont spend enough on this hobby as it is. Do any of you guys use a drone to capture your shows?

JmFnG
06-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Sweet! Please be sure to share some vids with us....would love to see your impressive stash in action!

Bazerk
06-23-2016, 04:21 PM
Sweet! Please be sure to share some vids with us....would love to see your impressive stash in action!

Oh I will, in all of its 4k sweetness! lol. Im excited not only for the 4th of July, but this thing is crazy.

chriskrc
06-23-2016, 04:49 PM
I will be pulling the trigger on a DJi Phantom 4 tomorrow as if I dont spend enough on this hobby as it is. Do any of you guys use a drone to capture your shows?

That's gonna be awesome. My brother in law has a drone and flies it around areas of the lake we have a camp on. The footage and pics are amazing. Can't wait to see a fireworks display from one.

displayfireworks1
06-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Those look like fun, I have seen some cool fireworks videos using those. I keep wanting someone to fly into one of my display but I never see any.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-23-2016, 07:45 PM
I posted this before--drone video with audio overlay of a pyro musical we did at a recent CrackerJacks Club shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLJp5LbhwTQ

displayfireworks1
06-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Here is drone footage from one of the Winery Fireworks shoots in Ohio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wipFCC_9CZI&feature=youtu.be

PyroJoeNEPA
06-23-2016, 09:40 PM
The concept of getting video from drones is great---but to me, the down side is that if you use audio from the on-board microphone you have that annoying sound from the motors to listen to along with the audio of the pyro. We will be filming several of our shows this year with the drone. I will post more as I get them.
We did a show last weekend--only got about 7 minutes of video--the wind was gusting around 20-25mph & was blowing the drone around. The willow shells looked like "flying fish" for a few minutes! LOL!

Bazerk
06-23-2016, 09:57 PM
I hear ya on that Joe. I would probably have a separate audio feed away from the drone and edit it over the video.

djsmurf
06-24-2016, 12:41 AM
Yeah would not be hard to push a second audio source. More interested in what their camera settings were, f-stop, ISO, frame rate ext. I'm doing some test this year with video. I have only ever shot stills. I'll post any findings I get.

Pyro k
07-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Lol how do we all think of the same stuff. I just saw the same phantom 4 at the show I went to. Love it

Joe woz pa
07-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Posted video of show using the phantom 4
Very easy to operate