PDA

View Full Version : Illegal 1.3

ras1986
06-19-2016, 12:04 AM
Ok I'm kind of ranting but i just wanna see how others feel. So me being a retard I'm trolling some guy on you tube showing off his obvious illegal stash of 1.3 shells and cakes. Several 5 inch shells also. This dude has pvc in concrete in a 5 gallon bucket to shoot thesee big ass shells..... I'm seeing this more and more on you tube and it seems like it is in the Illinois area..... I've seen labels on these products and I know of one really big wholesaler this stuff is coming from, we'll at least that where it started at... lots of people showing off one or 2 TK or whatever, big deal... but 5 inch shells... and 3 inch salutes.... whatever. Maybe I'm ridiculous, how does everyone else feel.

Bazerk
06-19-2016, 12:29 AM
Not sure where your going with the rant. Lol. I know that using PVC is bad but I also know a guy who has been firing 6's out of PVC for 15 years without incident. I can, without a doubt, tell you that there is not a wholesaler in this country selling 1.3 to people who aren't legally allowed to buy it. The federal crime is not worth the sale. In saying that and playing the devils advocate, do you get equally freaked out when kids are drinking under 21 or smoking under 18? I am not disagreeing with you. I feel that when these things get into the wrong hands it could put the rights of the people that are legally allowed to have them at risk. If that you tuber kills himself or someone else with that shell, someone is going to blame the fireworks industry for it. At the end of the day, as with any and everything, legal or not, rules and laws will be broken bud. Hey, maybe that YouTube video will be the cause of his conviction.

Adam PA Artist
06-19-2016, 12:45 AM
I want to see the video if you dont mind im just curious, inbox me the name or url so i can take a look.

ras1986
06-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Not sure where your going with the rant. Lol. I know that using PVC is bad but I also know a guy who has been firing 6's out of PVC for 15 years without incident. I can, without a doubt, tell you that there is not a wholesaler in this country selling 1.3 to people who aren't legally allowed to buy it. The federal crime is not worth the sale. In saying that and playing the devils advocate, do you get equally freaked out when kids are drinking under 21 or smoking under 18? I am not disagreeing with you. I feel that when these things get into the wrong hands it could put the rights of the people that are legally allowed to have them at risk. If that you tuber kills himself or someone else with that shell, someone is going to blame the fireworks industry for it. At the end of the day, as with any and everything, legal or not, rules and laws will be broken bud. Hey, maybe that YouTube video will be the cause of his conviction.

I was just seeing how many other people have seen these videos. I know the wholesaler isn't doing this but how dumb could the seller be, it's track able by that tag.

Bazerk
06-19-2016, 08:38 AM
Yea. The person who would get caught is the original purchaser of the items in question. If that person didn't report the 1.3 as lost or stolen, they are in deep shit.

ilovecrackle
06-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Yeah, we are not the only ones that watch YouTube. Lol

Just for the fun of it, do a Craig's list search around this time of year. Lol

Rocketshooter
06-20-2016, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't mind see these types get busted. It only makes it harder for those of us who are playing by the rules.

hatsgoods
06-20-2016, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't mind see these types get busted. It only makes it harder for those of us who are playing by the rules.

thank you i was gonna say that also, but its such a shame we have to have it so much harder

chriskrc
06-20-2016, 04:26 PM
thank you i was gonna say that also, but its such a shame we have to have it so much harder

That's the trend screw those who play by the rules and do things safely cause some idiot screwed up.

ras1986
06-20-2016, 08:12 PM
You know what. I'll throw his channel on here. His channels name is Joey Delgado. Watch his vids...... make you cringe. I guarantee you the person selling this stuff in Illinois is on this forum and I'm pretty sure I know who it is.

CTPYRO
06-21-2016, 09:55 AM

I guess you've never seen a 6 flowerpot in a mortar then....... using PVC is just plain stupid to be honest. I don't think anyone would disagree with me on that. Whoever is bootlegging B though probably has torn every label on the box to avoid having anything that could get back to the 54 holder. The importer will sell as much as needed to anyone holding the 54 though

Bazerk
06-21-2016, 10:14 AM
I guess you've never seen a 6 flowerpot in a mortar then....... using PVC is just plain stupid to be honest. I don't think anyone would disagree with me on that. Whoever is bootlegging B though probably has torn every label on the box to avoid having anything that could get back to the 54 holder. The importer will sell as much as needed to anyone holding the 54 though

I have seen what happens when shells go bad. I didnt say I agreed with using PVC, I was just stating that I know of people who do it. I, myself, only use HDPE. In fact I will be receiving a shipment of 50 3in and 60 2in tubes today. :)

ilovecrackle
06-21-2016, 11:58 AM
The kids you could hear in the background of the 5" peony video is what made me cringe. :eek:

jh35ky123
06-21-2016, 01:23 PM
You know what. I'll throw his channel on here. His channels name is Joey Delgado. Watch his vids...... make you cringe. I guarantee you the person selling this stuff in Illinois is on this forum and I'm pretty sure I know who it is.

As much as I am against being a rat, I think in this case if you know the person selling to him, I would tell them to knock it off or you will be forced to report it. To jeopardize our hobby is bad enough but this is just dangerous.

CTPYRO
06-21-2016, 06:00 PM
I'm quite surprised that he would show himself in a video and showing display product he is hoarding in his house..... I mean just insane

ras1986
06-21-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm quite surprised that he would show himself in a video and showing display product he is hoarding in his house..... I mean just insane

What blows me away is these idiots are using it just to get hits on you tube.... I've seen these people flash the labels with all the info still attached. I bet some of it is stolen. Like that train in CHICAGO that had all the 1.3 jacked off of it.... there are plenty of idiots on the tube showing their "stashes" of 1.3 right now

Rick_In_Tampa
06-22-2016, 10:36 AM
As much as I am against being a rat, I think in this case if you know the person selling to him, I would tell them to knock it off or you will be forced to report it. To jeopardize our hobby is bad enough but this is just dangerous.

If some jackass (excuse the language, but that's what he is) wants to blow himself up I'm all for that. Thin out the herd I say. But when there are innocent children involved; his or some other poor schmuck's who doesn't know what this jackass really has; then I'd have absolutely no problem whatsoever turning him in.