PDA

View Full Version : Mortartubes dot net, any issues? I'm losing it!

christopher.issler
06-17-2016, 06:14 PM
I ordered ~300 plugs on the 1st of june...they said via email that the plugs would be shipped early this week. The order status has not changed...and for 3 days they have not responded to my emails.

I leave in a week for vacation...and i have a show on the 3rd...and no plugs.

Anyone have bad dealings with them?

Bazerk
06-17-2016, 06:26 PM
Ive never personally dealt with them but I would go to Home Depot and buy a hole saw and some wood and get to it.

Westpapyro
06-17-2016, 09:23 PM
I heard some hearsay about an order that took a long time to ship out. They did get the order, so I won't speculate since I don't really know the details. Just keep trying to get ahold of them?

jknepp1954
06-17-2016, 10:04 PM
just looked at website and seen this - so take note...

NOTICE::: we will be un-able to guarantee any orders placed after the 12th of June for delivery before the 4thof July. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any question feel free to contact us.

displayfireworks1
06-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Is this the second complaint about this company or a continuation of the first? Didn't someone order racks and did not receive them. I sympathize with your situation, this person is not one of my advertisers.I have no control over what they do. If there is an issue with one of the companies that advertise with me I can help mediate the issue. There are multiple racks and mortar complaints over the years with some of these suppliers. Pyroboom.com is one of my advertisers if anyone is in need of racks consider them. Word I getting is pyroboom reputation is solid.

ilovecrackle
06-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Yeah, pyroboom is the only place I buy my tubes from. Eric is great to deal with and a great company to buy from.

JmFnG
06-17-2016, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately, you are not alone.

I pre-ordered a batch of 50 tubes/plugs on 3/14 for shipment at the end of May. When 6/1 rolled around, I emailed asking the status of my order. No reply.

Finally, on 6/7 I received a Fedex tracking number, with a note saying the tracking number was created, but they *might not* ship for 5-7 more days. WTF?

As of y'day 6/16 - 9 days later - there was still no tracking info available so I emailed again and actually received a reply stating they were behind due to a major equipment malfunction and my order would ship next week....6/20 at the earliest when they should've arrived weeks ago...I explained that simply wouldn't do as I'm leaving town, so they can either ship it NOW or deal with the Paypal dispute and I'd take my business elsewhere.

That did the trick. Fedex picked it up today. Still not happy and will certainly buy elsewhere in the future. Amateurs. Snatch my money up in March and dick around for over 3 months. No thanks.

christopher.issler
06-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Well, I sent my friend dumpster diving today at the lumber yard, and got half of my 3in cut out.

Question on size...for 4in and 5in, i need to use a 4.25 and 5.25in hole saw, and double up a 1.5in board @ 90deg from grain...right?

PyroJoeNEPA
06-19-2016, 04:48 PM
Chris--check your PM box for some info.....

christopher.issler
06-20-2016, 07:21 PM
Sent 4 emails, no response...last email was a threat to call credit card and report fraud. I got an email that order is being refunded. I will be checking tomorrow if it happened. In the mean time, I'm waiting for the 4in and 5in hole saws. Ugh. Not what I wanted to do 5 days before vacation.

Never use mortartubes.net. terrible customer service and you may / may not get your product.

JmFnG
06-21-2016, 12:48 PM
I received my box of tubes/plugs today. The quantity is correct, but they sure didn't take any pride in this packing job. Not that it matters with these items, anyways.

Thankful they came through in the end, but I will NOT be a repeat customer.