PDA

View Full Version : where has all the fuse gone

flatlander
06-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Forum Members
Heard there are new regulations on fuse, something with the DOT. It has pretty much vanished here in Michigan even at the retail stands. Does anyone have any more information. Thanks Flatlander

ilovecrackle
06-16-2016, 09:48 PM
I think something has changed but haven't seen anything "official". I had heard from a couple of my other buddies that the fast/quick fused is now Illegal to sell in the firework stores/tents.
I'm not sure how much truth there is to that but that's just what I'v "heard".
I always buy my fuse online and never shop retail so I haven't been out and about looking for it though.

I can run it by one of my friends that works at a firework store and see what he say's. I'll report back if i hear anything.

Pyropug
06-16-2016, 09:48 PM
No never heard of that, however I noticed online many sellers are low or completely out of certain fuses.

Pyropug
06-16-2016, 09:51 PM
I think something has changed but haven't seen anything "official". I had heard from a couple of my other buddies that the fast/quick fused is now Illegal to sell in the firework stores/tents.
I always buy my fuse online and never shop retail so I haven't been out and about looking for it though.

I can run it by one of my friends that works at a firework store and see what he say's. I'll report back if i hear anything.

Fuse is available in most WI stores even grey fast fuse. If this is something that is about to be regulated I better stock up on the quick fuse.

ilovecrackle
06-16-2016, 10:26 PM
Forum Members
Heard there are new regulations on fuse, something with the DOT. It has pretty much vanished here in Michigan even at the retail stands. Does anyone have any more information. Thanks Flatlander

I just heard back from my friend that works at fireworks store here in Michigan. He said he has heard nothing about this either and in fact, they sell and have the quick fuse in his store.
So there just must be a shortage at the stores you've looked for it at.

Playingwithfire85
06-16-2016, 11:20 PM
I have talked to two different stores here in Michigan and they both have different answers. One store has fuse in stock and states that its only hard to get perfect fuse because demand has limited what he receives. Another store seems to be the conspiracy theory store and always has different excuses about supposed new laws changed. Either way I have had no issues getting fuse in the Metro Detroit area.

Westpapyro
06-17-2016, 02:04 AM
Last year the ATF sent out a letter about fuse and some changes. I recommend reading it yourself and don't listen to speculation.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-17-2016, 03:58 AM
Last year the ATF sent out a letter about fuse and some changes. I recommend reading it yourself and don't listen to speculation.

Would you happen to have a link to this letter per chance?

Westpapyro
06-17-2016, 01:40 PM
If you've never read any news articles on the ATF.gov website I highly recommend it.
https://www.atf.gov/file/21986/download

Outtake from article:Hence, persons engaged in the business of importing, manufacturing, or distributing pyrotechnic fuse not designed for use in small arms ammunition, and not integrated in consumer fireworks or articles pyrotechnic, must possess an ATF explosives license. Persons acquir- ing pyrotechnic fuse not designed for use in small arms ammunition and not integrated in consumer fireworks or articles pyrotechnic must, among other requirements: 1) possess an ATF explosives license or permit appropriate for their operations; 2) store the fuse in an explosives storage magazine pursuant to the requirements at 27
CFR 555, Subpart K—Storage; and 3) maintain records pursuant to the requirements at 27 CFR 555, Subpart G— Records and Reports.

Also read the updates to determine your own opinion.
I'm sure there were posts about on here!