PDA

View Full Version : NW Pennsylvania

barnbiketom
06-15-2016, 09:51 PM
Hi ALL!!
I got the fireworks bug in 1966 lol.. yes I'm old. I remember the good ol days when BIG firecrackers were available hahah. I have shot shows with Zambellis as a helper, only a couple a year, never had an ATF license, but years ago there was a form and my wife and I were both certified helpers.. or whatever?
moving on, I use 1.4 stuff a few times year and just got an entry level
(el cheepo) chinese firing system and a bunch of e-matches for our annual mid summer party later in July!!

Westpapyro
06-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Tom there is a shoot this weekend in Erie Pa if you're not busy.
https://www.facebook.com/WesleyvilleCommunityDay/
You're probably to late to be on the crew but you could come check it out.
Chuck

Welcome to PyroTalk

PyroManiacs
06-16-2016, 12:20 AM
Welcome To PyroTalk!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-16-2016, 02:18 AM
Tom there is a shoot this weekend in Erie Pa if you're not busy.

Welcome to PyroTalk

I'll apologize in advance for the off topic response, but I just have to say I have a special love for Erie Pa. I used to be stationed at Dover AFB in Delaware. I got a call one day from a guy in Erie asking me if I could send him a C-5 for his airshow. Since my family lives right across the border in Ohio I said sure! It would be a cheap and quick visit home for me, and this guy gets his airplane. We landed in Erie and you would have thought Air Force One landed. I walked down the ladder and we were met by a gaggle of people. Long story short, I spent a few hours in a bar right outside the airport and didn't buy a drink the entire time I was there. It was great. Best job I ever had in the Air Force!

Ok... Sorry for the diversion.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-16-2016, 03:23 AM
Hi Tom! Welcome aboard. I'm new here too. Glad I found the site. Lots of good info and friendly, helpful people. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and learning from your experience.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-16-2016, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the Forum Tom. Don't feel old--some of us have a "few" years on you! Never too old to enjoy pyro!!!

barnbiketom
06-16-2016, 10:39 AM
WOW thanks for the invite but alas, I'm working SAT and SUN. I'm slowing down, and only work 4 days every two weeks but seems like it ruins everything. I do Hotel Maintenence and I tried to quit but idn't work lol

barnbiketom
06-16-2016, 10:41 AM
No diversion Rick. My Brother was in the Air Force and took me into a KC-135 somewhere in SC. I remember him yelling at me when i reached for a red handle..
That EXACT plane, the KC-135, crashed several weeks later.

barnbiketom
06-16-2016, 10:45 AM
and WOW lots of people responding in NW PA!!!
As teenagers, we used to make the huge trip from Pymatuning lake , up rt 7 to Conneaut Ohio to ACE Fireworks lol..
Cherry bombs were 6 bucks for half a gross. we must have bought thousands of them and WOW they were powerful.. needless to say we are all lucky to be here today. I had to sign an agricultural form and told them we had MOLES in the yard...

chriskrc
06-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.

ilovecrackle
06-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the forums

djsmurf
06-16-2016, 10:48 PM
Welcome to pyro talk.

Westpapyro
06-17-2016, 01:58 AM
I know of a few more in that area if interested just pm me for dates.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-17-2016, 03:56 AM
No diversion Rick. My Brother was in the Air Force and took me into a KC-135 somewhere in SC. I remember him yelling at me when i reached for a red handle..
That EXACT plane, the KC-135, crashed several weeks later.

Holy crap... That's crazy. Good thing it wasn't an airborne tour! I was on a KC-135 going into Misawa AB Japan back in 2004 and the brakes caught fire. Only time I've been down an evacuation slide on an airplane. (Hopefully the last!)

JwinsPyro
06-23-2016, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm from Erie Pa also. Nice to see people from the area here!!