PDA

View Full Version : Survey Results First 100 responses

displayfireworks1
06-04-2016, 11:46 PM
I recently conducted three fireworks related surveys on my YouTube channel displayfireworks1. I am going to share the results from the first survey, This posted link will show the results of the first 100 people that responded. The results past 100 responses continue the same trend.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-L75B8GHR/
Of course i am most proud of the response to the last question in this survey. The amount of fireworks being used by my video subscribers has increased to a significant percentage.
http://sc16.supercomputing.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/survey.png

displayfireworks1
06-05-2016, 11:09 AM
I would be interested to hear if any of these results surprised anyone? The results on question #6 surprised me a little. It looks close to a 50/50 split on the permits vs no permits.

Bazerk
06-05-2016, 08:43 PM
It's not surprising really. Think about it. Most people said they only shoot during holidays. My cops don't have time, nor do they want to be assholes and busy one of the thousands of people doing fireworks on said holiday.

nayslayer
06-05-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm with Bazerk.

PyroManiacs
06-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Lol @ question #10...... 1 person skipped. He must have been from the U.

displayfireworks1
06-06-2016, 12:45 PM
LOL that's funny, actually the control answer was use less fireworks and no one picked it. I think these results are pretty accurate.

chriskrc
06-06-2016, 12:50 PM
I'm with Bazerk.

I second that.

nayslayer
06-06-2016, 03:09 PM
I'm sure if more people were honest with survey, more people would have picked the second answer in #6

PapaBearPyro
06-06-2016, 04:47 PM
It's not surprising really. Think about it. Most people said they only shoot during holidays. My cops don't have time, nor do they want to be assholes and busy one of the thousands of people doing fireworks on said holiday.
X2- my experience with the po po in MD (back in the day when everything was taboo) and after with S&S in MD was a wink, laugh and a "show is over right Mr. S"- to which I replied - "yea I'LL behave myself (really verbatim). It was always a civil banter and I cooled it when asked-story over. Unless you act like a real A**hole you only get the disapproving wag of the finger and move on. I suspect this is true in most areas. Having said that-I now reside in Texas where everything is fair game except Polaris Missiles (Had to scorch off the last few in my stash) PBP

Bazerk
06-06-2016, 05:00 PM
I'm sure if more people were honest with survey, more people would have picked the second answer in #6

I answered #2 for question #6. I am aware that I am breaking the law, but I am also aware that the PD likes fireworks too, lol. Ive never had any issues. It may be a different story if I am lighting cakes off during the week on a random day of the week. I would even say that if I did 1 cake it wouldnt be a problem. Maybe if I did a show a week I would catch some flack.

Npntransistor
06-06-2016, 05:35 PM
I don't think the cops around me have enough manpower.
I kid you not one year it was so bad up here, a guy drove past the house with 2 people in the back of his pickup lighting off cakes. That was a face palm way to ruin it for everyone moment.
On the weekend of the fourth it would be hard to figure out what is coming from which house in this area.

That being said I warn the nabors and invite them over. And not dragging it out all night helps. I even start to get irritated with the people who light 1 cake every 15min until 3am.