PDA

View Full Version : Passfire Movie

displayfireworks1
06-02-2016, 07:21 PM
I recently received an email about the Passfire Movie. If you are a supporter of this project you may have also received one. I have to be honest , I am a little worried about this movie. i went back over the posting on pyrotalk discussion forums. We are at least three years into this project and the movie is still not released. There have been these private screenings and focus groups viewing some of the material. That is all
i know about it. After three years I think we need to hear something. If someone out there knows more about why this movie is being delayed please post it. I am going to ask the Veverka Brothers for an official response. If they are agreeable I am going to request a video Skype update from them.
http://www.pyronovelties.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/NewLogo_onBlack-2-2.png

jknepp1954
06-03-2016, 12:38 PM
this is what the email said

Dear friends,

It's been an exciting month of progress for Passfire, the upcoming documentary about the world's most amazing fireworks, the people that make them and the cultures behind them, being produced by Veverka Bros. Productions. Here are the highlights:

We’re ready for a “Boom Show!”

You may not know the quote yet, but you’ll certainly understand once you hear the firework blasts in the movie! We are excited to announce that the preliminary sound mix for the film’s audio is complete! Now when flash salutes like the big ones from India go boom, they really go BOOOM! The sound mix also improves the clarity and intelligibility of dialogue.

Passfire Score is Almost Finished

Passfire's original musical score being created by composer Robby Aceto, is sounding FANTASTIC! No "canned" music or SoundCloud here - it's 100% custom-made just for the film. We had a few tears well up when we heard it played back to picture - it's that powerful!

What's the difference between the score and the Passfire title track by The New York Rock? The title track is the movie's theme song that plays during the opening and ending credits, whereas the score is a musical landscape that adds dimension throughout the film. Together they create an amazing soundtrack that amplifies the energy of the film's mind-blowing fireworks.

The New York Rock Will Return to PGI

Speaking of The New York Rock, are you ready to hear the Passfire title track live again? Well, we have exciting news! Thanks to Torch’s Fireworks LLC, NYR will be coming back to the Pyrotechnics Guild International convention in La Porte, Indiana to perform! It's going to be a convention jam-packed with Passfire events: The band will play on opening night, and then we will have the first pre-release showing of the FINAL CUT of Passfire the next day, a seminar on Tuesday and another showing of Passfire on Thursday.

Behind the Scenes

We recently completed "The Making of Passfire," a behind-the-scenes look at the not-quite-four-year process of making the definitive documentary on fireworks. Clocking in at 82 minutes (that's almost an hour-and-a-half), it's a documentary about a documentary that talks about everything from the genesis of the idea and the community behind it to pitfalls and bloopers. "The Making of Passfire" will be included on the special collector's edition of the Passfire DVD for those Kickstarter backers who pledged for it. We will also have DVDs available at PGI.

The Passfire Crew Talks the "Science and Culture of Fireworks"

This Tuesday, June 7, at 7PM the Passfire crew will be presenting at the Science Cabaret at the Coltivare restaurant in downtown Ithaca, New York. The presentation, entitled "The Science and Culture of Fireworks," will be held jointly with local pyrotechnicians and chemists. Along with some clips from the film, we will be discussing the chemistry of fireworks: what makes their colors, effects, and BANGS? We’ll answer all of these questions and more at 7:00pm! Come for some food and drinks, and enjoy the educational discussion and incredible fireworks video!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Jesse Veverka & The Passfire Team

nayslayer
06-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Ok, so this will show in August, here is the Itinery, and it's on it. http://www.pgi.org/files/2016/2016-Daily-Schedule.pdf

displayfireworks1
06-03-2016, 10:26 PM
They accepted my request to interview without hesitation. Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmpKMhSkFC0

displayfireworks1
06-15-2016, 12:39 PM
Published on Jun 15, 2016

This is the new trailer for the upcoming fireworks documentary, Passfire. Almost four years in the making, Passfire tells the story of the world's most amazing fireworks, the people who make them and the cultures behind them in 23 countries on six continents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHEEoRDWusk&feature=youtu.be

Bazerk
06-15-2016, 12:47 PM
I get goose bumps when I watch that. I cant wait to see it!

nayslayer
06-15-2016, 02:31 PM
hope to get a chance to see it.

chriskrc
06-15-2016, 04:39 PM
That looks like a great movie.

PyroManiacs
06-15-2016, 07:31 PM
Awesome! Cant wait!

nayslayer
06-15-2016, 07:47 PM
There is a teaser on there site that goes over 6 minutes