PDA

View Full Version : Created an excel document I'd like to share but...excel + me and mathing=bad. help!

Mucko
05-31-2016, 12:33 AM
I have been working on an excel sheet for the average shooter for several hours (yes, I am not good at excel...been years since I've had to use it)...

I've forgotten how to do the majority of the formulas for mathematics...I was hoping someone could help me out so I can share this with everyone. I have most of it formatted...and color coded...but I have boxes that need to add values from individual rows to their respected boxes to a total of time and shots. basically, I'm trying to say if row 1a/1b = a total value of 60 seconds which is listed at row ag per individual cake...then the total value of all columns in respect to their rows = blah blah for a single input area.

HELP...PM me for my info and I'll send you the file.

Hope everyone had a great weekend...also hope everyone has their stashes at this point...getting late in the season!!

this file is formatted with colors only in sections that you'd have to input values (name and numerics)...but ANYONE can use it for reference if I can get a little help on the math!

thanks,

Mike

hatsgoods
05-31-2016, 12:33 PM
there should be a button towards the top right hand corner that says auto sum or formulas. it will be under there somewhere. ill post a video of a free version of excel that is almost similar to the real excel program

mjbland05
05-31-2016, 03:58 PM
i am brand new here but i spend a ton of time working in excel and would be happy to help

Mucko
05-31-2016, 09:38 PM
its just about done. a few have offered to help which I appreciate. I figured it out on my own but whatever tweaks they recommend I'll take. I based it around what I like to have for info for my own plans. If anyone wants it...just pm me your email.

-Mike

Mucko
05-31-2016, 10:54 PM
I've calculated that I have a total of 4603 bursts as part of my show. 217 cakes, 549 artillery shells to fuse up. Estimated total show time of 52 minutes. It's gonna be wired a bit quicker than that ofcourse. Should be a solid 30 of mayhem. God I spent too much this year...OR DID I?

Bazerk
05-31-2016, 11:01 PM
How much did you spend this year if you don't mind my asking.

Mucko
05-31-2016, 11:30 PM
with shipping 4600, wholesale.

Bazerk
05-31-2016, 11:31 PM
Pretty damn good deal if you ask me. Where did you buy from?

Mucko
06-01-2016, 01:08 AM
I bought from the same guy I've bought from for several years. Sparky (mark) at sparkysfireworksoutlet

Good guy. between him and Dan...both knowledgeable and detailed. Pleasure as usual.

mjbland05
06-07-2016, 09:40 AM
I can second the recommendation on Sparky's. good people & product.